Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why am I forced to do this quest?

Originally posted by DR2D2 View Post
    I probably wouldn't get upset except for the fact that it is a quest which is IMPOSSIBLE TO SOLO. Thanks to SE, I am basically stuck at lvl 50
    Did you miss the part where FFXI isn't one of those "Do-it-yourself" MMOs that require you to almost never play with other people? It's not terribly difficult to get a few high level folk to come hold your hand through it. Like the others have pointed out, it used to be much more difficult than it is now. The drop rates are kinda nasty, but honestly, G1 doesn't take much more time than 1 normal exp party would (unless you bring 2+ people that need G1 as well). You can miss 1 or 2 nights of partying; not that bad.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Number of people required for G1:

- 4 for Garlaige citadel (just to open Banishing gates to get to Explosures). Aside from that, virtually any level 75 player can get you the bomb coal by themselves.
      - 1 person for Exorays and their exoray mold. These things are laughable at level 75.
      - 1 person, maybe two if you have the wrong jobs, for ancient papyrus from Liches, either in Eldieme Necropolis or in Toraimarai Canal.

G2 isn't hard either. I solo'd all three G2 NMs for someone about a week ago. It took forever on RDM due to their high HP, but wasn't even vaguely difficult.

G3 can be done with 1 level 75 as long as you have one person who has a crimson orb, and someone at level 75 who can take out the guards next to the lever door in Oztroja.

As mentioned by others, this is much, much easier than it used to be.

Icemage

Comment

God, I remember doing G2 with an alliance years ago. Still gives me the sweats remembering all those idiots running around aggroing eyes and everything else that moved then people screaming for invis every second step we took towards the NMs.

Comment

Originally posted by StarvingArtist
          The original level cap was 50 when the game first came out by the way.

Nothing to say about the subjob quest (which could have been done with a normal level party)
          In Valkurm, maybe. In Bubu it could be done by a normal level alliance. Not without some deaths, but it got the job done.

or the extra job quests (which also could have been done with a party at that level)?
          Some are soloable, even; bard, ranger, dark knight come to mind. Actually, I think most are soloable, except for RoZ jobs.

Genkai 1 items can be obtained with a lv48-50 party (I got 2/3 while leveling normally, and the third with friends). Genkai 2 will need more, but I'm not sure how much it's been toned down. (I went with a 36 person double alliance, actually really fun). Genkai 3, 4, and 5 are soloable.
          I did Genkai 2 with one alliance, back in the day. It really didn't take more than that even before adjustment.

Nowadays, though, it's easier to find a couple of 75s to help than an alliance of high 50s.

How many people actually solo genkai 3? (Actually, I'm not sure that one *is* soloable. Doesn't it take two people to operate the switches at the top of Castle Oztroja? Unless you just happen to find a coffer key party hanging out there and opening the door for you, that is.)
          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

I soloed G3 ... it worked out pretty well because the RMT were there in Castle Oztroja to open the gate for me. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to.

Damn those RMT, ruining the economy, but they have their uses.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
            X