WOTG Rank Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOTG Rank Up

When you start off you with Campaign you get the Bronze Ribbon. I have only been able to complete the defense mission since I have only had the expansion for one day. Has anyone here ranked up yet? Who do you talk to in each city to rank up? Anyone have any idea of what the requirements are to rank up?
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Re: WOTG Rank Up

I know this is necro-ish, but I didn't want to start a new thread over this and I didn't see others when I searched...

I've gotten 2 rankups so far up to Ribbon Æ’Æ’Æ’ or w/e, I'm trying to get to Emblems or w/e so that I can get a friend who doesn't have the expansion yet an Iron Ram Lance. I was wondering what the highest you guys were so far, and how long it took to get to the 3rd rank if you have it.

I know you can only request a rankup every 5 days, but I was wondering how many missions it takes in between ranks and whatnot.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I think the highest atm is the first emblem. I am up to the 4 ribbon and I am a few days behind everyone else.
      Thanks Kazuki.
      Dragoon Equipment

Comment

I'm a long ways back, just having the brass ribbon. I haven't seen any information yet on exactly what you need to rank up, and I think it will be hard to do exact testing on it ... I figure that whatever I manage is hopefully enough, and do a fair bit of simple fighting to defend zones. It's probably worth doing the more difficult campaign ops if they're available, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
          I know this is necro-ish, but I didn't want to start a new thread over this and I didn't see others when I searched...
          I've gotten 2 rankups so far up to Ribbon Æ’Æ’Æ’ or w/e, I'm trying to get to Emblems or w/e so that I can get a friend who doesn't have the expansion yet an Iron Ram Lance. I was wondering what the highest you guys were so far, and how long it took to get to the 3rd rank if you have it.
          I know you can only request a rankup every 5 days, but I was wondering how many missions it takes in between ranks and whatnot.
          It's not really how many missions you do, it's just an overall assesment about how much you do for the alliance. If you do nothing but Campaigns you shouldn't have any problems ranking up. Conversely if you do nothing but Campaign Ops, you should always rank up as well. IMO, I think it's more based on the amount of AN you've received to date (not your current AN), then anything else. And I'm sure as time goes on, stricter rank up requierments will be added.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Awesome, I should be in good shape then...the nice thing I've noticed is due to the amount of time it takes to rank up, both between the 5 day cooldown and the 4 subranks per rank, by the time I hit Emblems I'm on pace to have about 60-90k AN, so I should be able to get my friend's lance, myself a horn, and another 20k piece or two to sell.
            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I'm at Bronze Star right now, and only wasn't promoted once. Didn't do many battles and had two ops credits sitting when I asked for that eval. Did an ops the next morning, got the promotion.
              Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
              How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

Since I've been running these missions on two characters, I've noted that that if you do at least three Campaign Ops and stay steady on the Campaign Battle participation, you should rank up regularly

Comment

I got Allied Ribbon in about 4 weeks because I just play casually.

Do the Resource Procurement. They're better if you've only have the first ribbon. Second ribbon, do Defense if you like doing Campaign Battles.

Comment

I should note something about some of the tier two Offensive/Defensive operations - Basically, SE fails to specify that the second tier missions are to be done TWICE in the mission log, so if you go do one and report, you've "failed."

Seeing how many fixes have come in for things like Smokescreen, I'm mystified why SE still hasn't fixed everything that was broken about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                      I should note something about some of the tier two Offensive/Defensive operations - Basically, SE fails to specify that the second tier missions are to be done TWICE in the mission log, so if you go do one and report, you've "failed."

Seeing how many fixes have come in for things like Smokescreen, I'm mystified why SE still hasn't fixed everything that was broken about them.
                      That is something that I did not know. I've always done the first option of the Campaign Ops so I didn't know it had to be done twice.

Would you know if you fail an op, you're less likely inclined to get the ribbon/star/emblem because they have a point system that they use for this?

Comment

Working...
                      X