Changing Countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Countries

I'm currently 5-2 in Windhurst. If I change to Bastok, when I eventually return to Windy will I have to start over or will I still be at 5-2?

Thanks,
    Midgard:
    75SMN\5XWHM\37BLM\37RDM\the rest 15+

WOW:
    80 PLD\80 DRU\60Mage\60 Shamen\the rest 30+

RL:
    lvl 75 - EE\CMPE\CMPSCI

Re: Changing Countries

You'll still be at 5-2 when you switch back.

Comment

You can't change when you have a mission active or when you are Rank 5.

Also, it's spelt Windurst.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Did you purposefully help his spelling with "spelt"? LOL
        Current Server: Asura
        Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
        Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
        Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
        Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
        Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
          Did you purposefully help his spelling with "spelt"? LOL
          Clue
          Here, take it, it's on me.

Originally posted by The Dictionary
          spelt -
          chiefly Brit. past and past participle of spell
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Spelt is right. Just haven't been spell downed on a mythical city since metroplex, lol!
            Midgard:
            75SMN\5XWHM\37BLM\37RDM\the rest 15+

WOW:
            80 PLD\80 DRU\60Mage\60 Shamen\the rest 30+

RL:
            lvl 75 - EE\CMPE\CMPSCI

Comment

Be wary of changing. If you have completed any outpost teleport quests they will all be reset once you change nations. You will have to complete the supply quests again in order to reactivate the teleports.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

British slang that makes it into an online dictionary doesn't count for shit!
                Current Server: Asura
                Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Also note that your Windurst conquest points will be "banked" until you decide to return. I did a world tour of all three cities, and left Windurst originally with about 10,000 conquest points. When I eventually came home to Windurst after completing all the other cities, I got those 10,000 points back.

Icemage

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only thing you really lose in changing is the supply run status. Though for some of us, that can be pretty significant. Kumei's pretty nationalist anyway so it wouldn't make sense for her to change country, but even if it would, I'd still never do it: She has both the Ronfaure and Sarutabaruta outposts, from the rare-even-in-the-height-of-inflation occurrence of a concerted effort to buy regional influence in the newbie regions on Midgardsormr. Now that deflation is clearly here to stay, the notion of people being able, let alone willing, to muster the collective gil to wage that particular battle is laughable; I do not expect a newbie region to fall to a foreign nation ever again, barring a radical transformation of the economy.
                    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                    Clothcraft 24
                    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Okay so, i am Currently San d'Orian and i really want to change nations Windurst so i can get the quest to get in Toraimarai Canal without needing 3 people. Right now i have 280K some odd conquest points. Also i have all the outpost warps which i REALLY dont want to lose, and those are more important to me then the Canal quest. I guess you need rank 5 or 6 in Windy to start the quest though. Easy enough. Well i heard that In a patch some time in the past year or so they made it to you dont lose Outpost warps when you change nations. ( Well you lose them until you change back to the nation you originally got them on) As well as the conquest points which i dont care too much about but would be nice to know i wont permanantly lose them. You stated above (old i know) that you get those back so thats good. But my question is does anyone know anything about keeping the outpost warps? What i have heard could be bs but would be really cool if it wasnt. Thanks!
                      Degenxerate
                      Server: Sylph
                      BLM75 PLD75 RDM75 DRG75 RNG1 !!!!
                      Leathercraft 100+3

Comment

It's just like you understand it: You no longer lose Outposts for your nation if you switch, but you don't have access to them until/unless you switch back.
                        Ellipses on Fenrir
                        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                        . . .

Comment

Okays, thats what i was i thought, i just wanted to be sure. Thanks!
                          Degenxerate
                          Server: Sylph
                          BLM75 PLD75 RDM75 DRG75 RNG1 !!!!
                          Leathercraft 100+3

Comment

Umm how do you switch your nations? Im trying to leave windurst and go to bastok or sandoria havent decided yet though...

Comment

You have to talk to a representative in the country you wish to move to.

Here's a list and everything involved in the process.

Immigration NPC - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
                              X