X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashmeira's Plea

Salutations Players.

Eauijhkuu here.

. . .Do I stretch myself a bit unbelievably if I say that this fight is very very tough?

Supposedly, you have waltzed through Aht Urhgan missions w/o much trouble, but fights from mission 33 (I think) on up are fricken awesome as far as difficulty is concerned.

I won't spoil any mission details for those who haven't completed or have started on the missions yet, but I do think that this mission is probably not as hard as people make it out to be if you just bring medicines, food, drinks, etc.

I had an awesome pickup party last night of some really awesome players, and we were able to get the 2nd form of the boss down to 49%, until our first wipe.
    Things started to roll downhill then because we wasted so much time trying to recover from our mistakes. I think we did extremely well on our first try.

Anyone else having problems with this mission or already completed the mission yet?

Any really awesome tips that ensured your success that you'd like to bestow (Spoiler-free of course, out of courtesy to your fellow players) would be really awesome.
    "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Re: Nashmeira's Plea

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...ble-guage.html

Some one didn't search.

Comment

To be honest, the title of the topic related to this doesn't really correspond to the information within it.

But yes, it is a trying fight, but not overly difficult. I added my parties strategy to the thread in a spoiler tag if you wish to attempt that route.

All I can say is blu rocks for the battle.

Comment

Really? my BLu Really sucked ass when i did my last run >.> he was trying to ta behind the pld though, who was standing infront at the time ¬,¬ death from massive explosionsn of doom.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuro View Post
          Really? my BLu Really sucked ass when i did my last run >.> he was trying to ta behind the pld though, who was standing infront at the time ¬,¬ death from massive explosionsn of doom.
          The blue I went with from my LS did very well, and outparsed everyone in the battle.

He TA the pld from 20 some feet away with cannonball, then just stood behind the main boss doing cannonball as often as he could. The blu though is very well equipped and has spent considerable time balancing out max defense, str and vit build. He was hitting 2k+ damage numbers, with the max around 2800 I believe.

Nice for the first fight too, reliable, low recast stun stopped the majority of Eyes on Me moves.

Comment

which blue went with you necro?
            [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Alpsyche

Comment

aye she rocks partied with her once before i moved.

Comment

Originally posted by SevIfrit View Post
                  aye she rocks partied with her once before i moved.
                  Don't be fooled my the female elvaan model, Alps is a guy married to Ariss irl

Comment

K. Thnx for the advice folks.

Going to gloat a bit after beating Alexander, with all sorts of different kitsch setups.

But the one that I put together put me 1/11 on this mission included:
                    THF/NIN, THF/NIN, BLU/NIN, PLD/WAR, RDM/WHM, and BLM/WHM
                    Oddly enough, it worked super well.
                    And lolTHF actually saved the day as far as the last 10% went.

of course, none of you guys would ever think of trying a setup like that :3
                    "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Comment

I went for the fifth time last night, but failed again. The BLU is definitely the hardest part as its so intense - Getting past Alex is all about longevity.

Before I went in this time I was told by a friend who'd done it successfully several times that positioning is everything. Apparently, standing with the majority of the party to the north means Alexander will spam heal himself, but standing with the majority to the south means he will spam Void of Repentance. Standing directly to the rear, although easiest place to fight (constant TA), will yield the most Radiant Sacraments.

Now obviously with my pickup party we didn't have time to experiment and make tests, but I did notice at one point when our DRK died and moved to the north to rest, our BLM joined him and I just happened to be standing to the north-east anyway, that when the RDM also came over to us to heal some MP too (she'd already used Convert) he began spamming Gospel of the Lost and nothing else and people started asking why he wasn't nuking anymore. Subsequently, we had a trouble-free period of hacking away, but as a result, he gained way more HP than he lost during this time.

This may have been a massive coincidence, but it might be worth some more testing if people have the time/patience/a good static willing to experiment. If this theory is true, then I'd much rather stand to the south and have the PLD tank from afar, as it's easier to cure bomb vs Void of Repentance than it is Radiant Sacrament, just so long as it doesn't catch the DD in the meantime.

Heck, this may even be a well-known theory anyway, so sorry if it is, but I only heard of it for the first time yesterday.

Comment

Went tonight with WAR, BLU, PLD, SMN, RDM, COR. Won on the second attempt, though we failed three times the evening prior.

Basically, here's how we won.

On the BLU NM we did Magic attacks all out on first form. Then mix even portions of melee and ranged on the second two forms. If you do it evenly enough on the second form, he won't be too immune to anything on the third.

Our PLD did get taken out on second form and we decided as a means of saving time, we slept the BLU and took out Razfhad. NM would sleep to Light Shot and Sleep II no problem, solid minute+ either way RDM and COR are your picks for sleepers here.

After we got both NMs done, it was time for Alexander.

I gave the PLD a steady feed of Evoker's and Magus Roll. Every little bit of magic resistance helps here, even though Alexander will still do high damage. Light Carol, Magus Roll, Shell V - make sure your PLD has it. Earth Staff on PLD too.

WAR and BLU stood on north and south sides of Alex, BLU would use physical magic and try to stun lock it along with the RDM/DRK. For the sake of safety, I just buffed them Chaos/Hunters to make sure as many hits landed for as much damage possible. Our SMN seemed to favor Diabolos, Shiva and Garuda for this fight. Obviously Dream Shroud was the pact used to go with Shell, Magus Roll for the PLD and Diabolos seemed to do well otherwise on Rage pacts.

Honestly, with all the Magic Defense Bonus going around, we saved the mages and PLD MP. Considering Radiant Sacrament is spammed and inflicts Magic Defense Down, spamming MDB buffs helps.

If you have a BRD, I highly suggest they use of a Harp for this fight, members are going to be really spread out. If you have aCOR, obviously, they need that shiny new Luzaf's Ring for the same reasons. That ring was a big help for me since everyone was so spread out.

As far as what I did, I alternated Slug Shots and Detonator, used Quick Draw for damage only. Alex will consistantly 50% resist QDs though, he sucks. I'd argue for this BCNM, COR use Martial Gun + Detonator for best and most accurate damage.

50% Alexander will use Divine Judgement and wipe anyone in range. At this point, its in your best interest to get a full wipe anyway. Just die and reraise, just don't die in hearing range of Alex or he'll aggro. He doesn't regen at all so recover at the entrance to the BC.

At 20% RDM/DRK began chainspell/Stun and SMN Astral Flowed Shiva and I think Garuda as well. WAR two houred and so did BLU.

We won, but it was a close win.

Jalzahn's Ring and Glory Crown are now mines!

Comment

Originally posted by Necropolis View Post
                          Don't be fooled my the female elvaan model, Alps is a guy married to Ariss irl

I call she because I didn't know, oh well tho he now.

Comment

Radiant Sacrament is physical damage though.

Finally won this a few nights ago myself @. @ it was epic too.

SAM DRG PLD RDM BLM WHM

Towards the end of the fight we wiped to Alex at about 50%, and got the 10 minute warning while still recovering. With only 6-7 minutes to take him down we basically zerged him and prayed. PLD hit Invincible to take as much hate as possible early on while RDM and BLM went nuts with nukes (The DRG and myself used our 2-hours against the BLU to drop his 3rd form ASAP)

I couldn't believe how effective my Soboro was over my Onimaru.
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I know this question might be a little out of topic but if we don't kill the BLU at all and just sleep him after taking Alex first form to 50% do we still get the CS to Alex and Alexander comes out to fight? If so if we beat Alexander and not the BLU will we win or we still have to kill BLU?

Comment

Working...
                              X