Timing For Savage Gear Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing For Savage Gear Please?

I Got the key for Ordelle's Caves a few days ago, to get the savage gear for Mithra.

Checking out MithraPride
    the date for Ordelle's is tomorrow at 2:33 and ending at 10:14.

Can I just confirm with you guys that these relate to ingame FFXl times, and NOT real life/world times? I guess they must be! I know the dates mentioned are for real, but I just want to make sure that I'm not seeing the times and the dates, as both being real world related. (if that is the case)

But one thing that worries me though......
    how do you work out which point of 2:33 in the day, (Vana 'diel day) is the point at which the NPC gobbie in Jeuno (forgotten his name..... Junksnix or something like that) will tell you (something which goes a "tiny" bit like this) "this week it's mithra to go to Ordelle's caves" I'm sorry..... this must sound a bit weird, but 2:33 (like all Vana' diel times) comes round more than once in a real life/world day, and I can't work out at which point (for 2:33) I am supposed to know when the NPC will tell me it's my week. (Does that sound confusing? I'm sorry if it does. )

I can't just sit here, keep watching the Vana 'diel clock on the front of this website or ingame, and keep running off to Jeuno for everytime it gets to 2:33 morning, noon and night! (just for that day) That would be quite silly!

Now, if the gobbie npc was to add mention of which elemental day, for e.g. if he said something like "this week is the turn of Mithra, starting from Lightsday" - I would be able to look at the Vana 'diel clock to see when that time on Lightsday will arrive, then run off to Ordelle's with the key, and go search for a chest..... easy!
    But since that isn't mentioned, I just feel rather confused about when to go.

Could anyone try and help me out here please?

I know this must be very easy for a lot of you to understand, and I'm sorry that I'm not understanding this properly.
    Last edited by Snowball; 07-22-2007, 03:11 PM.
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    C('')('')

Re: Timing For Savage Gear Please?

Red on white background.
    Read my blog.
    ffxibrp.livejournal.com
    Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
    Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

i dont really understand your question but i think the 2:33 time is real world and in the morning cause lots of clocks go by 24 hour time. but like i said i dont understand your question so idk if it helps at all

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

I don't know if this is still true or not, but back when I did RSE both times, the timers were just a little off. I'd just farm the first key now and confirm with the Goblin NPC in Lower Jeuno before setting out.

As an aside, since LF seems incapable of articulating his criticisms in full, red text on a white background is something most people find unpleasent to read. It puts an unneccsary strain on the reader's eyes. I realize you want to be different, but I honestly skip over most of your posts just because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Van'derfel View Post
          i dont really understand your question but i think the 2:33 time is real world and in the morning cause lots of clocks go by 24 hour time. but like i said i dont understand your question so idk if it helps at all
          I think you may have answered correctly to my question. (thus I may be getting them confused a bit)

Okay, simply put.... what I am asking is this.
          The times used for the RSE quests on that Mithra Pride site I linked to earlier :
          Are they ingame, Vana 'diel times, or real world/real life times?

Hope I didn't confuse you too much there.
          (\ /)
          ( . .)
          C('')('')

Comment

Check out the Vani navi on the front page of this website, click on make big, then click on the suit of armour o get the RSE times.

The date and time is Real Time, not in game time and should automatically adjust to your tme zone. as I type it is currently Mithra with 1 hour 23 minutes to go. Each slot is 1 game week which is approximately 7 hours 40 minutes in real time.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
              I don't know if this is still true or not, but back when I did RSE both times, the timers were just a little off. I'd just farm the first key now and confirm with the Goblin NPC in Lower Jeuno before setting out.
              I'd probably have a look at the time first, then go and check with the gobbie npc in Jeuno.

I'm not sure which you mean when you say "the first key"
              Since there are 3 zones to get them from, (Ordelle's, Shakrami, and Gusgen)
              you could be mentining any ONE of them.

I can't remember who it was that told me this in a post once, but they said it was more awkward to locate the chests in Shakrami and Gusgen. One of them because you had to take an awkward route, and I think for the other one, you had to have a friend ingame who would pull a lever to open a door for you, and they said that Ordelle's was the easiet, and so for Ordelle's..... that is the only area I can get a key from.

So that's what I'm sticking with now. But if I ever get someone to help me with the other one, then I will

Originally posted by Legal Fish View Post
              Red on white background.
              As an aside, since LF seems incapable of articulating his criticisms in full, red text on a white background is something most people find unpleasent to read. It puts an unneccsary strain on the reader's eyes. I realize you want to be different, but I honestly skip over most of your posts just because of this.

Whoah! No one has made mention of this to me in absolute aaaaages, which is why I stuck with it.

But to be honest, I don't really understand what your problems are.
              I can see the red text very clearly on mine, and with no strains whatsoever!
              Unless you maybe using a different forum skin to what I'm using (which is a mix of very light blue and white for the text area, making it very easy to see red on a white background!) Which forum skin are you using?

I've ALWAYS liked to type in a different colour. I find the default Black to be just plain dull and boring. Is there any colour I could use, (apart from Black) which would make it easy for you all to read my posts?

Now, on the other hand..... if the mods were to disable this option on the forums, then I'd have no choice but to use the default colour then, wouldn't I? (which I suppose I would get used to with time)
              Maybe the mods should do this..... but I don't know. Is it impossible, or too much work maybe? Again..... I just don't know really.

Edit : How does this colour work for you guys instead?
              Last edited by Snowball; 07-23-2007, 12:25 AM.
              (\ /)
              ( . .)
              C('')('')

Comment

They're Eartth times. That's why it says:
                Starting
                Jul 23, 2007
                (MON) 02:33:36

Ending
                Jul 23, 2007
                (MON) 10:14:24

Not a date like:
                12/14/1026
                (Darksday) 16:00

Comment

Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Since I was still confused about the times, I had decided to skip it for this morning, and not do it. Now, according to the MithraPride site, the next one for mithra and Ordelle's, is next Monday between the hours of 18:52 (roughly 6:50pm) and 2:33, which runs into Tuesday. So I guess that would start on Monday evening and finish late into Tuesday. (I don't know whether to call that Tuesday morning, or Tuesday evening)

Anyhow, you guys have really helped me to understand this enough to know what I'm doing now. So Thanks for that!
                  It's appreciated

Btw - I don't really find Vana Navi (front of this site) to be all that helpful. It only gives dates and times over the next 2 days and so fourth, and also doesn't say when it ends, which is why I find Mithra Pride more useful.

Oh, forgot one thing.
                  Does anyone know what the (e) means in brackets on Navi there?
                  It wouldn't indicate "evening" and change to (a) "afternoon" and then (m) "morning" would it?
                  I guess I'm probably wrong there.
                  Last edited by Snowball; 07-23-2007, 04:32 PM.
                  (\ /)
                  ( . .)
                  C('')('')

Comment

You could just use the default text like everyone else.

Comment

But that is no fun
                      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                        You could just use the default text like everyone else.
                        You work for the government don't you?

Seriously though, that red on white text hurts my eyes. It's ok to use colored text but at least try not to blind the people trying to read your posts.

Ah, and also, you don't really need to know exactly what time your RSE will start, just consider that RSE lasts for 1 Vana'diel week starting on Firesday and ending on Darksday.

So, if your RSE is supposed to start around say 10 pm and it's darksday when you log in then you'll know your RSE starts on the next Vana-day.

It goes like this (copy/paste'd from wiki because of lazyness ).

Firesday --> Earthsday --> Watersday --> Windsday --> Iceday --> Lightningday --> Lightsday --> Darksday

This (at least for me) is much easier to follow than trying to guess if you are on the right time frame for your RSE.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                          But that is no fun
                          Hey, we all have fun in different ways!

Comment

I still don't understand how someone can read something that's displayed in clear and concise language and be completely confused by it.

Comment

please dont use blue. i had to change my background to read it w/o straing my eyes cause that blue doesnt work well with a black background

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

Working...
                              X