Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Um... so what happened here? (CoP Airship fight)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um... so what happened here? (CoP Airship fight)

OK, so we had two different groups do the Airship fight.

Setup was WHM, NINx2, RNG, MNK, BRD

My group was first, we made it to Omega and we wipe, I probably could have shaved a minute a few minutes off first fight had I realized how much damage I was actually doing to them as RNG. I was holding back for more TP when I probably shouldn't have, seeing as Sidewinder can drop a mammet at 50% with Minuet x2 or meat active.

We get to Omega and wipe at 50% on him.

2nd time we clear the mammets quickly, much faster with me dropping three of them at 50%. We get to Omega, BRD gets haste on NINs, Minuet x2 for me and ballads WHM. One of the NIN gets a freak death toward the end, we kill off Omega anyway. We recover next fight, same strategies as before. We beat Ultima.

Now 2nd group goes, Still NINx2, WHM, BRD and MNK. I sit out so SAM/RNG can go instead.

1st try, they wipe to mammets
    2nd try, they wipe to mammets
    3rd try, they take 10 mins to beat mammets, kill omega at time out at 5% on Ultima.

4th try, they wipe to mammets. I note that the SAM/RNG is using a lightining bow and scorpion arrows. /slap. I got get my War Bow +1 out of Mog and give him a quiver of Demons. Its my 50 cap bow, but much better than what he had.

5th attempt, BRD has to go and it would take time for me to set up my other character for AS fight, so I just ask the WHM to get some Yag drinks. We go in and its clear all the mammets are set to apeshit BLM mode at the start. NIN kite goes down after we kill second mammet and it all goes down hill from there.

SAM/RNG didn't even pop the demon arrow quiver, much less use ranged attacks. He also tried kiting mobs after the NIN went down and was the second to die. I'm thinking it was partly the SAM's fault and mostly bad luck on the mammet job setting. Could also have been that in that very last instance, NIN had no Marches on him since BRD had to leave. But they did fine on Omega and Ultima.

I'm moving on with the winning group to Ch. 7 tonight for now, but planning another AS run for the other group this week. To be fair, my group was the static group and the 2nd group consisted of LS members who came to help or just came and went from the static as they needed missions. You know, rather than stick with the static. So maybe my group just had better chemestry.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 07-14-2007, 02:24 PM.

Re: Um... so what happened here? (CoP Airship fight)

This really isn't an easy fight. We used PLD NIN COR WHM BLM BLM, it took 4 tries. We let the NIN aggro the mammets and hold them in the corner while whm cure bombed them, I pulled them off one at a time with COR, and the PLD tanked them individually. I'd recommend using your COR for this, mine absolutely destroyed this fight damage-wise(1020 Slug on a mammet, averaged 400-500 on Omega/Ultima), and NIN roll helps the NIN hold them in the corner without dying.

We did have 6 CCB pumps, and used all 6 in this fight, as well as many ethers/pots. the CCB pumps are pretty key, especially for Omega, in my experience once you're past him you're fine.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

You wasted a lot of MP heal bombing the Ninja when the Paladin would have done a much better job. Ninjas are better single target tanks.

Comment

That SAM was a douche bag and should retire now. After all, "You can't fix stupid."

That said, I found that fight pretty easy. I won on my 2nd try (1st time we wiped to mammets, 2nd run was an absolute steam roll)

I personally find the 2 key jobs here are BRD and BLU. BLU is insane for stunning Omega. Headbutt is just that good.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I'm curious, first fight on Omega you say you wiped on 50%. Did you not have enough time to reraise and kill it then move on to Ultima?

Comment

Think on Omega it was something to the effect of WHM and another forgetting to put RR up.

We did three more runs tonight before moving the first group on through Ch. 7 and successfully to sea, we pretty much confirmed the SAM is a moron on these three AS runs. I told him to get out of AoE and use ranged since he was /RNG.

He did exactly that, except he did all his ranged right next to the WHM during Omega. Common sense would tell you otherwise. Basically got her killed after pulling he pulled hate toward her. We're gonna try to do it without the SAM next time.

Comment

^^ best of luck to ya. Like I said, BLU is amazing if you can find one for this fight. I've heard some people claim head butt won't always kick in, but with haste and refresh (or ballad, w/e) the BLU should be able to near-stun lock Omega. Works better with at least 2 BLU from what my friend told me when he beat it.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                You wasted a lot of MP heal bombing the Ninja when the Paladin would have done a much better job. Ninjas are better single target tanks.
                Not really in this instance, the NIN had wind staff, NIN roll, and a full eva setup, and the mammets don't have the best acc. He got hit maybe 4 times tops while holding the mammets in the corner, so the WHM had to cure him maybe twice. The PLD would have taken less damage per hit, but he definitely would have gotten hit alot more.
                Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Needz moar blm.

This fight can really go either way, and it's not so much job dependant, but skill dependent on the people. Helps to have someone who's done it before and knows where to have everyone stand. When we started this we'd enter the fight, and go through all the positions that we would be fighting at. Helps to have a solid group of people you know, as you know how each other plays.

Whm in this BC certainly needs to haste himself to lower recast on erase, and if you have a support healer they need to help the whm with cures so that U/O doesn't come smack him around.

The Pumps are very helpful. Everytime I go on this fight I try to make sure we have at least 4 and save them for the last 20% of each mob. I've won for 3, but it can be sketchy. Pop one at 20%, one at 10% then unload.

Personally, I think your loses were duo more to the lack of coordination with the change of a couple people. The sam seemed like he was on an off day, or just a complete moron. CoP missions are kind of unforgiving now, and doing a BC with a less that desirable member is going to have greater effects on outcomes I believe. They are actually easier, but just require teamwork and coordination, in my opinion.

Comment

NIN RNG WAR BRD WHM BLM

1/1 On U/O <.<

It was basic fight. Everyone solo'd a mammet.

Omega and ultima we used dual march for me (WAR) and teh NIN. RNG got dual Minuet I think. was just normal exp party style battle from there.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

I'm 1/2 on O/U

Mammets were easy. Paladin super-tanked all 5 on him, and the rest of the party pulled one off at a time and killed them.

First fight, the Ranger wouldn't use TP moves or EES on Omega because "I was saving it for Ultima". We wiped after losing all RR when O was at 5%.

Second time, he used EES and Sidewinder on Omega. He went down easy. Ultima was easier still.
                      Originally posted by Ellipses
                      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                      Originally posted by MCLV
                      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                      More Sig:

Comment

You can read up on how I managed on this fight as WHM when I did it for completion in this thread.

Also I've done it several times since, usually with me as BRD. You don't necessarily need a bard for this fight but Mambo and March are very useful.
                        Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
                        Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
                        Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin401 View Post
                          Also I've done it several times since, usually with me as BRD. You don't necessarily need a bard for this fight but Mambo and March are very useful.
                          Don't say that, you just made my taru cry.

Comment

1/3 on this fight. My old perma set up was: nin, sam, mnk, blm, whm, & brd (me). Both sam and mnk subbed nin, to lessen dmg taken.

The mammets were easy to kill. The nin switched to full evasion gears and aggro all mammets to one side and tanked (mambo is very helpful here). Then the sam used ranged attack to pull one mammet at a time from him to kill at opposite side (they also used yellow liquid).

U/O were harder though, and it took us a few tries to defeat those. But we had 6 pumps to spare, which we used @last ~20%. It's very important that the whm haste him/herself to lower recast timer on Erase. I think I used Mambo and Minuet, but don't quote me on that since I cleared this fight long time ago. x.x My blm friend did well in damaging U & O's hp.

But like Necro mentioned, teamwork & coordination are important to this fight. Also, everyone need to be well prepared (have meds & rr item).

Comment

I used to say that BRD was the most useful job for this fight. That was until I did the BC with two BLUs. We used a few CCBs, but I'm not even sure we needed them. Head Butt tore Ultima and Omega apart.

As far as tanks, NIN is typically better suited for the fight. Our last few runs we had a NIN use the super-tank aggro approach on the mammets and it worked well. You need a smart puller for the main group though as they need to make sure BLM mobs are a priority. Once you get past the mammets, a NIN works very well on Omega and Ultima.

I think I've cleared this BC about 8 times now altogether and not once did we have a BRD. Almost every win was with a NIN tank though. The time in my sig is from a NIN, NIN, DRG, RDM, BLM, WHM party.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
                              X