Good job for CoP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good job for CoP?

I really, REALLY want to get into Chains of Promathia since I have only completed one promyvion. I'm also going through a job crisis right now, not sure what to level. So Im mixing the two, and looking for a job that can be good to take through CoP. I planned on taking 1 job through, but Im willing to level up to 3. I do NOT want to do RNG or SMN. RNG is too expensvie plus I hate pulling. SMN...I love that job, but Im not gonna hire someone to fight the prime fights, nor do I want to do them at the moment.

So what's a good job to choose for CoP?

Re: Good job for CoP?

anything that's not a THF.
    -Baka Inu!
    Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
    Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
    Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
    Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

...why in the hell would you level a job that you could quite possibly hate just to reach an artificial standard created by other players?

Level whatever damned job you want. Make friends. Ask them to do the CoPs with you. Or find other people that haven't got the CoPs done, and try to form a static. You don't need a cookie-cutter build to beat the missions.

And if you don't want to hire someone to do the Prime fights, do the mini-avatar fights. There, problem with leveling SMN solved.

Comment

Well really, Im up for any job to level for it. I love all the jobs really, just can't decide on one. So this is a HUGE push for what my job will be.

And as for SMN, I hated the mini-avatar fights. Well not really, just Ifrit pissed me off to all hell. I'd rather do the primes (which I will, SMN will be my next job). Plus I want to be perfect on SMN, so I want fenrir/diabolos/carby mitts. Just something I promised myself.

Comment

WHM, BRD, or RDM. Always, always useful.

Comment

RDM and BLU are both flexible and powerful in Chains of Promathia (RDM don't really hit its stride until AFTER Promyvion-Holla/Dem/Mea, however).

SMN and WHM are MVPs in almost all Chains of Promathia missions that don't involve horrendously fast damage (Snoll Tzar, I'm looking at you).

BRD is good in nearly every fight except for Diabolos and the early Promyvions.

NIN and PLD are of course useful as tanks in virtually every battle.

With all that said, no job is good if you hate levelling it. However, hopefully at least one of the above jobs appeals to you enough to merit spending some time on it to make your life easier in CoP.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
              SMN and WHM are MVPs in almost all Chains of Promathia missions that don't involve horrendously fast damage (Snoll Tzar, I'm looking at you).
              SMN isn't a good job for Snoll Tzar? I would have thought that with Astral Flow, it would be one of the better options.
              Lyonheart
              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Ok thanks a bunch. I've heard many people say to level BLM, WAR, and BLU. I am *really* interested in BLU. So I might be leveling that. Though I have some more questions:

What sub will I mostly use for BLU?

What's a good job against Ouryu?

Whats a good setup with BLU for the promy's? I'm willing to level WAR/NIN for those, so thats not a big deal.

Comment

I would have thought that with Astral Flow, it would be one of the better options.
                  I imagine it's because you don't have time to really use AF

Comment

Feba is right, in the BC you have a very short time to do damage and you would only have time to get 1 AF off, which is a good amount of damage, but is only a single spike.

RDM chainspell is pretty cool here.

Edit: Dwark blu is great in CoP... headbutt breaks the diabolos fight. For Ouryu, blm is best dd/sleeper.
                    sigpic

Comment

Really surprised people have problems with Ouryu. I've done him twice (1) I was a RDM/NIN Gravity kiting, dispelling/slepping him and using mistmelts while BLMs nuked Freeze and (2) I just had a perfectly balanced group (PLD, WAR, RNG, WHM, RDM, BLM).

Key to that BC is really the mistmelts so he stays grounded. So just farm up a fair bit for mistmelts and you're set.

Comment

you can for the record, kill it without mistmelts, (we did this with a balanced group) but you'll want a team that's both comfortable with their jobs and experienced fighting wyrms - (yeah yeah, ouryu's a pussy cat comparatively. timing / tactics in the air/ recovery skills are what you want to carry over from the big boys)

for the record: I'd say blm as best choice for cop. early missions blm is great for damage and backup curing, and later missions all benefit from either AM, fast damage, or sleepga II.
                        Grant me wings so I may fly;
                        My restless soul is longing.
                        No Pain remains no Feeling~
                        Eternity Awaits.

Comment

Well, I tried to do BLU. It actually annoyed me just getting the spells, and I am waaaay too anxious for CoP. So now I'm doing BLM, which is a great job imo. Thanks a bunch for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
                          X