Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Umlocking Sapara of Trials faster

Why didn't you keep a tally?
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
      Why didn't you keep a tally?
      I wish I did now tbh - just didnt even cross my mind at the time :/

I will def do a tally for Dagger.

I'll try unequip tonight....although if I have already broken the latent, Id still be more happy than pissed :p

What kinda damage you other RDM's getting from Savage Blade (and on what mobs)

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
        Usually, not much, but it's still a little more then Spirits Within. Looks so much better too.

Sometimes though ...

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Niiiice

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
            It's been over a year now but I'm pretty sure that's incorrect unless there's been a change since last April.
            I just unlocked this in a skill up party yesterday. The instant the monster that caused the latent break died, the resistances dropped back to their normal levels. I did not have to perpetually cancel my TP by swapping the weapon out.

Comment

Thats why Iv not done this, as I feel bad for cancelling that hard earnt TP :p

I NEED A KCLUB!

Comment

you do not need to unequip the weapon as i helped my friend last week and he was able to tell me it was broke while still wearing, same goes for my dagger the HP and ele res disappers without unequiping i have done 1.2k with savage blade a really big fluke i say it was it was on a ToAU mission NM out in the mire and along with him a snake woman thing (sorry forgot name)
                "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
                "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
                "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

So I have gotten my Sapara of Trials sword and need WS Points.

But as RDM, the native WS's we get access to are rather crap and I am finding it hard to close any decent Lvl 2 SC's for more points. All I can do are close a few Lvl1's...

So, since I am fighting EP/DC mobs anyway...would it be faster for me to sub a gimped /23WAR?

Im not worried about damaged etc, but would subbing WAR allow me to use more WS's, thus giving more of a chance to be able to close a Lvl2 SC?

Its shameful that at 75 I still dont really understand how SC's are forumlated ><

You don't benefit much by subbing WAR for Vorpal Blade, Red Lotus Blade or Seraph Blade, since none of them can do Level 3 skill chains. You can already do level 2 skill chains without WAR sub (ie. use Flat Blade for Fusion, Fast Blade for Distortion, or Circle Blade for Fragmentation). The only way you can use sword in a level 3 skill chain before getting Savage Blade, is to use Swift Blade, which requires PLD as your main job. So focus on doing level 2's with the WS's you already have. I suggest going to The Boyahda Tree and joining a skill-up party. It took me 3 trips to the Tree to break latent. Just let them know what you're doing, and get someone to open the SC for you.
                  Last edited by Draconi; 07-02-2007, 10:44 AM.
                  (Saiph on Sylph server)
                  90BLU,90WHM,90DRK,90RDM,90PLD,90BLM,90WAR,90DRG,70THF,70SAM,
                  70MNK,70NIN,70RNG,70BST,66SMN,66BRD,60DNC,60SCH,60COR,60PUP

Comment

Typically 700-900. With Savage Blade. You can one-hit kill Goobues in Rolanberry and Bogys in the Dunes, and can almost one-hit Tabar Beaks in Sauromogue (probably could with food). My best Savage Blade damage was 2064 on the Boreal Hound.
                    Last edited by Draconi; 09-04-2007, 05:02 AM.
                    (Saiph on Sylph server)
                    90BLU,90WHM,90DRK,90RDM,90PLD,90BLM,90WAR,90DRG,70THF,70SAM,
                    70MNK,70NIN,70RNG,70BST,66SMN,66BRD,60DNC,60SCH,60COR,60PUP

Comment

i just broke my latent on knuckles of trials and you do not need to unequip for the resistances to go away. i was checking after every skill chain because i knew i was close.

since you are rdm, you wont be able to do any lv. 3 renkeis. you'll have to live with lv. 2 renkeis and you can close fusion and distortion pretty easily. it doesnt matter how much dmg is done just as long as you get the points.

you can also close fragmentation with circle blade but depending on your camp and surrounding mobs.
                      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Swift Blade, which requires PLD as your main job.

I could have sworn BLU could also use that WS... but according to wiki it really is PLD onry. Weird.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I would just like to say that I am impressed. A month without anyone mentioning the spelling mistake in the thread title.

loose

Comment

swift blade is pld only.
                            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Well... um, unlocked it :p Ages ago it seems.

Not so excited now the hype is over lol.

Dagger very soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X