Umlocking Sapara of Trials faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umlocking Sapara of Trials faster

So I have gotten my Sapara of Trials sword and need WS Points.

But as RDM, the native WS's we get access to are rather crap and I am finding it hard to close any decent Lvl 2 SC's for more points. All I can do are close a few Lvl1's...

So, since I am fighting EP/DC mobs anyway...would it be faster for me to sub a gimped /23WAR?

Im not worried about damaged etc, but would subbing WAR allow me to use more WS's, thus giving more of a chance to be able to close a Lvl2 SC?

Its shameful that at 75 I still dont really understand how SC's are forumlated ><

Re: Umlocking Sapara of Trials faster

i did mine in the Eldieme Necropolis on bones at the bottom they were EP sometimes DC i subed /BLU for extra DEF and used Fast Blade to keep them alive longer i soloed from 0 ->250 points then my frined helped me finish with my dagger i solo it from 0 -> 300 with the Joyeuse in the off hand the TP flys in, so goodluck and hope you break it soon
    "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
    "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
    "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

Still a bit novice at the skillchain thing too but if I am reading my chart right, subbing pld, war or drk would give you red lotus blade, Seraph Blade and Vorpal Blade if you have over 200 skill.

Vorpal blade can close a distortion with it's primary aspect (it has an impaction secondary aspect but I can't see a way of getting the impaction secondary aspect to activate to let you close a fusion, you would just get a scission)

Edit: Just checked wiki to make sure, you can get Vorpal blade subbing blu too.
      sigpic
      Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

forgot to add the sword can not make light without Savage Blade and Saren /BLU also five you those WS to your best bet is to make lvl2 SC for 3 points or just solo them
        "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

If MP won't be an issue, /WAR gives you Double Attack as well, to speed up TP gain a bit. Add sushi to that, then you shouldn't too bad at getting TP.

If MP may be of some concern, go with /PLD for auto-refresh. All depends on who you are breaking the latent with and which monsters you're fighting, I guess.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Just like with Dagger, all we can do is close 100 level 2s. Grab a buddy (or NPC) and go for it.

RDM 75/WHM 38/BLM 37/DRK 37/NIN 37/PLD 37 -- Cooking 96.7+1
            Image by Askannyi
            LoneGamer.net

Comment

I did RDM/BLM doing 2 birds right outside Nashmau. Did 40 points in a skillup party but the rest was all soloed. It didn't really take that long.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

it feels like iv WS'ed a gazillion times... still nothing lol

Comment

I had to do the same with Staff of Trials, you can only make a Lv2 skillchain with it, no matter what job you are. I did it over three sessions.

Comment

with a Joyeuse offhanded i was able to solo 200 points in 6 hours with my dagger, never had the chanse to try it with the sword as i never had the joyeuse then

Comment

I unlocked it whenever I was doing something... Amongst my other projects, it ended up taking 6 weeks since I haven't been RDMing for melee purposes all that much and I don't like grinding solo on WS points at 1 point per WS....

My MNK friend helped me break it down most of the way using "Spinning Strike" > "Flat Blade".

Comment

Well Iv been doing a lot of things amongst soloing WS points....

Helping farm 2 Test's, Camping 4 NM's, Skill Up Pt's, grabbed a LS buddy or 2 for a few hours to WS with me....

Still have the latent :/ I have got to be close lol.

I dont have Joytoy so thats out, best I can do is offhand Hornetneedle and Haste. I wish SE made an NPC that could tell you even a "rough" guide of how far along you are.

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
                          it feels like iv WS'ed a gazillion times... still nothing lol
                          Don't mean to be funny here but you have unequipped it and re-equipped it to check right? So many people have broken the latent and went on to hammer out another 100 WS points without realising.

I know it's a long shot, but if you have a good friend who is in possession of a kraken it'll help out amazingly if you're solo grinding WS points. I had a kraken for my dagger latent and it seemed to take half the time it took me for my katana one.

Comment

Funny you say that....actually I havent (not recently anyway) - It said on Wiki that the elemental resistences woukd disappear without unequipping the weapon.

I dont think anyone I know has a kraken, although I'll make a point to ask tonight lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
                              It said on Wiki that the elemental resistences woukd disappear without unequipping the weapon.
                              It's been over a year now but I'm pretty sure that's incorrect unless there's been a change since last April.

Comment

Working...
                              X