Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windurst 3-1 not working

Hi there,

I have a problem. I followed the guides on both ffxiciclopedia and allakazam and I correctly talked to all the npcs in town. Watched the cutscene, and the last one says to go to the castle. I go to the castle, and go through the trap doors, and the cutscene dosnt trigger.

It didnt work. Gah.

I go back, talk to everyone again, nothing happends, so I went back to the castle and went through it all again.

Still didnt trigger the cutscene.

I was in a party both times, first time partner was level 50 ish, second time partner was 75.

Do I need to be alone or something?

I am level 25war/13mnk. Rank 3 doing 3-1 (obvisously).

Any help appreciated, thanks!
    -Kevin (Billaba)

Re: Windurst 3-1 not working

You should be able to trigger the cut scene regardless of whether you're in a party or not. I know this, because I've done this mission a few times both solo and in a party. :/

If you talked to all of the NPCs, I'm not sure what the problem is (I've been looking all over the place for more information). I'll ask around and see if I can't find more information though.

Comment

Thanks!

I sent a message to square about it this morning after my 3rd attempt, hopefully its something simple and stupid.

Comment

Do you have a "Somethingsomething-Stery Ring" in your Key Items list? It's possible, although unlikely, that you already did the cutscene, and didn't realize it.

Comment

I didnt check to see if i had the key (and can't at the moment, @ work lol), but I did go back and talk to the guy in heaven towers, which if i had done the castle right, should have triggered a cutscene to finish the mission, which didnt happen either.

Comment

Whenever something like this happens to me, I look up the guide and use everything as a checklist to make sure I got it all done. Here's the guide from FFXIcyclopedia from Wikipedia:

* Accept the Mission (turn in some crystals if they don't offer it immediately).
            * Go to Heavens Tower and talk to Kupipi. She will give you access to the upstairs regions of the Tower.
            * Go through the doors to the left of Kupipi and go all the way to the very top (third) floor.
            * At the top, speak to Rhy Epocan for a cut-scene.
            * Leave Heaven's Tower (there is a glowing blue light that is a transporter that will take you to the bottom floor) and go to the Orastery in Port Windurst. Talk to Hakkuru-Rinkuru at E-7.
            (This may be the one you forgot, if you forgot anybody. Try him again to be safe, and maybe even the taru standing next to him as well)

* This is a good time to also do the Onion Rings quest. (not required to do the mission, but you'll be down in that hole anyway. You don't have to have the quest flagged to get the cutscene).
            * Go out to Castle Oztroja. At level 30, the mobs will mostly be Easy Prey, but Sneak/Invis is still a good idea just because there are so many of them. And it's highly recommended that you bring a Scroll of Instant Warp to get out easily.
            * Go to the door at I-8. Pull the 2 levers until a trap door opens beneath you. You must stand between the 2 levers to drop down. If the mobs will still aggro you here, just be patient and wait for all the Yagudo to face away from you. Then cancel Invis and hit the lever.
            * After the cut-scene you'll be in I-8 on this map (the small sliver on the right side). If you're doing the Onion Rings quest, this is where the ??? that you get the ring from is located.
            * Either make your way out of the Castle, or use your Warp if you brought one.
            * Go back to Heaven's Tower and talk to Rhy Epocan to finish the Mission.

Note: If being assisted or assisting someone on this mission, the individual who has the mission flagged must hit the lever to get the cut-scene.

Note the note. You, sir, have to be the one to hit the lever. If anyone else in the party has been hitting it, that would have been your problem right there. Otherwise, I don't know how it can be helped. Good luck

Main Job: 70RDM/BLM or WHM ~ Fairy (I hate you, Maat)
            Currently Leveling: 49WHM/BLM
            Windurst Rank 10 ~ As of 5/25/07! Woot!

My Fanfiction (please read, or at least skim!)

Susan>> Babies are just like people.
            Susan>> Just smaller.
            [GM]Dave>> But I don't like people.
            [GM]Dave>> I hate people.
            Susan>> Babies are like small people that can't talk.
            [GM]Dave>> ...
            [GM]Dave>> I'm listening.

Comment

Oh crap. Ok. That would make a lot of sense. I didn't notice that note in the guide. I will have to try it again for sure! Thank you very much guys!

Comment

No problem at all

Main Job: 70RDM/BLM or WHM ~ Fairy (I hate you, Maat)
                Currently Leveling: 49WHM/BLM
                Windurst Rank 10 ~ As of 5/25/07! Woot!

My Fanfiction (please read, or at least skim!)

Susan>> Babies are just like people.
                Susan>> Just smaller.
                [GM]Dave>> But I don't like people.
                [GM]Dave>> I hate people.
                Susan>> Babies are like small people that can't talk.
                [GM]Dave>> ...
                [GM]Dave>> I'm listening.

Comment

Working...
                X