Last staging points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last staging points

I am missing 2 staging points: Dvucca Isle and Ilrussi Atoll. I remember hearing about using the ruins to get to one of these. Does anyone have a link or explanation of how this is done? Also can the ruins be used to reach both of them?
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Re: Last staging points

Pretty simple. Grab a silver piece and ride over to Nashmau (or port fo Azouph Isle staging point, either works). There's an immortal guard stationed to the west of Nashmau, trade the silver piece to get in. She'll let you in the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins.

Once inside, take the first telepad to your right. Once you're in the next area, run staight ahead to the doors and head back outside.

Now you're back in Caedarva Mire. Sneak and Invis up here. Jnun and Qutrub mobs here, mostly, but keep an eye out for imps. Hug the right wall and you'll see a tunnel which will lead you to Dvucca Isle Staging point.

As for Ilustri Atoll Staging point, you have to go the long way through Arropogo Reef. Can't really detail it from memory, but keep the western maps, passing the COR ??? point along the way - if you see imps while heading north, you're going the right way. Sub BST or RNG for wide scan so you can find the imps for a point of reference.

And... bring a reraise item here, there are two sections were there's a high chance you'll aggro an imp... or something worse, especially toward the end. If you do aggro an imp in the third and last group of imps, keep running down the tunnel you entered, hugging the right wall. You should at least get to the imperal gate and die near it, away from the imps. But bonus Solid Snake points for making it past them unscathed.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 01-22-2007, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Dvucca Isle
      Ilrusi Atoll
      Easier for me to link it than try and explain it all.
      Nyzul Isle is the only one I know of that uses the undersea ruins.
      And as I recall, Ilrusi is a bitch to get. Soulflayers suck. Plus it just takes awhile to get there.

EDIT: K, I didn't do dvucca the same way OMG did it. Didn't have the other portal at the time. Atleast I don't think I did. Its been too long.
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I did Dvucca Isle before Alzadaal was even open. I'd highly recommend using OMG's way though, as running thru Appapago was a Bio Tachi. I'd much rather walk past a few Qiqirn than all of the Imps and Soulflayers in Appapago.

Ilrusi Atoll is the biggest pain, due to the imps in cramped quarters near the staging point. I got Solid Snake points going in, but not going out. ; ;
        Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
        I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

I tried the lamian fang key way from Nashmau last night. Instead of noticing that there are 2 ???'s near each other (1 for key and one for Finding Faults Quest) I kept clicking on wrong one. I was running back to Nashmau to get more powders and oils and got hit with Thunder 3 from a Imp I couldn't see since my comp has crappy graphics.

Death #2 came when I almost got to the last zone where the staging point was. A nice Dr. Zoidberg decided that me and Hien looked tired and decided to sleep us. Then to wake me up, he use Aero 4. Died near zone and nobody in LS could even get to where I was so I hp.

Run #3 is still going. I used OMGWTFBBQKitten's method and got the Dvucca Isle! Yay...kinda. I ran up to the reef and since I am going on my awesome memory and not writing anything down, I end up way off course. I think I have corrected my problem and hopefully I can get the staging point when I get home for lunch.
          Thanks Kazuki.
          Dragoon Equipment

Comment

I did these both solo on the same run using two charges of Reraise. Dvucca is easier if you follow the path on Caspian's Map or use OMG's method which sounds 10x shorter. There is only one imp (that I saw) and it's on the island.

As for the "something worse", I belive OMG is referring to the Soulflayers. They're pansies. I've aggroed them probably 4 times snooping around--they have a decided fondness for opening with Ancient Magic. With 20 seconds headstart, there is no way they'll catch you. If you agg one, you'll probably see "The Soulflayer begins casting Flood." Ignore it, but don't move slowly.

There is really only one Soulflayer on the path to Ilrusi and iirc he's at (F-7) on the first map. He has a friend at (G-7) but he won't bother you. There's a bunch of them on the second map in the (H-5/6) area, but if you see them, you took a wrong turn.

The chance of you being spotted by an imp in the donut rooms at (F/G-5) is about 100%. Stoneskin/Phalanx/Blink/Earth Staff/Reraise and run to the door. You'll have a brief window in which to enter the staging point. I tried using the Sneakiness on the way out, but the imps are very good at their job and truesight with quite a long range just outclassed me and I had to burn a second RR Charge. Take care that you don't RR too close to the Jnun at (G-6) or he'll eat you when you pop up--I despawned him on purpose while being chased by the imps just in case.

Arrapago is a really cool place, but no one ever goes there. I didn't see one non-mob on my entire trip. There are Lamias, Qutrub, Merrows, Imps, Soulflayers, Draugar, and weird blue ghosts.

Comment

The first time I attempted to get past those imps, I totally got seen (and killed) a couple of times. But upon my return, I was able to sneak right by them. It took a couple of minutes of waiting for them to move to the right spots, but I did it!

Comment

Working...
              X