"How many licks does it take...?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "How many licks does it take...?"

... to go from Norg fame lvl 1 to lvl 4 by doing the "Mihgo's Amigo" (othwerwise known as the Yagudo Necklace Quest) Quest?

In other words, how many times must I do this quest in order to go from lvl 1 fame in Norg (Tenshodo) to 4? I'm trying to get enough fame to activate the "Trial by Water" Quest and my LS mates are planning on doing the Leviathen Prime fight on Friday, so I want to activate it beforehand so I don't miss the oppurtunity.

If anyone knows or has advice on the fastest way to get easy Tenshodo/Norg fame, please help me out.

Thank you

Re: "How many licks does it take...?"

Yag Necklaces is the best way. {I'm sorry}

Or you can trade loads of zinc ore

Or you can smuggle goods via airship (if you get caught though, you won't be able to use the airship for awhile)

So yeah.....stick with yag necklaces and keep checking the price of rice balls off the NPC. I still need to finish getting enough norg fame for Ichi. Probably gonna do that this week.....
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ryouken View Post
      ... to go from Norg fame lvl 1 to lvl 4 by doing the "Mihgo's Amigo" (othwerwise known as the Yagudo Necklace Quest) Quest?
      In other words, how many times must I do this quest in order to go from lvl 1 fame in Norg (Tenshodo) to 4?
      About 200 necklaces. That might not take you all the way to lvl4 fame, but enough to do quests in Norg for various Ninjitsu scrolls which will get you high enough fame after that.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
        About 200 necklaces. That might not take you all the way to lvl4 fame, but enough to do quests in Norg for various Ninjitsu scrolls which will get you high enough fame after that.
        Don't think it's quite that much. I've heard people say around 150ish. Then again, it's all hearsay.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
          Don't think it's quite that much. I've heard people say around 150ish. Then again, it's all hearsay.
          If I'm correct, to go up a lvl in windy required 30 cornettes (basically complete 30 quests per lvl) per lvl. So if it's the same for Tenshodo then I would have to to complete the quest 120 times (120 x 4 = 480 necklaces).

Well it looks like I'll be farming necklaces for awhile

I figure if I complete the quest 30 times a day (120 necklaces a day), then I should have it ready by Friday... hopefully...

Comment

You can smuggle goods?

I wanna try that just for fun!
            How does it work?
            Originally posted by Ellipses
            Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
            Originally posted by MCLV
            A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
            More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
              You can smuggle goods?

I wanna try that just for fun!
              How does it work?
              It's two quests. The first is a plain San d'Oria fame quest:
              http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/The_Brugaire_Consortium

After that, you'll need a standard Airship Pass to access the San d'Oria airship, then ride the San d'Oria-Jeuno airship and pass through the customs gate in Port Jeuno (i.e. the door to exit the Airship Docks).
              http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/A_Job_For_The_Consortium

Be warned that you have about a 1 in 3 chance of being caught. If this happens (and I've had it happen to me trying to complete this quest), your airship pass will be revoked for 1 full real life day (24 hours), and your contraband key item will be confiscated by Jeuno customs.

Icemage

Comment

From my experience, it takes 8 zinc ore to lower the price of riceball (sell by NPC in Lower Jenuo) by 1 gil. I did not keep track of how many zinc ore I traded, but I keep track of the price of riceball.
                Server: Quetzalcoatl
                Race: Hume Rank 7
                75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                  It's two quests. The first is a plain San d'Oria fame quest:
                  http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/The_Brugaire_Consortium
                  After that, you'll need a standard Airship Pass to access the San d'Oria airship, then ride the San d'Oria-Jeuno airship and pass through the customs gate in Port Jeuno (i.e. the door to exit the Airship Docks).
                  http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/A_Job_For_The_Consortium
                  Be warned that you have about a 1 in 3 chance of being caught. If this happens (and I've had it happen to me trying to complete this quest), your airship pass will be revoked for 1 full real life day (24 hours), and your contraband key item will be confiscated by Jeuno customs.
                  Icemage
                  Getting caught will only keep you from leaving Jeuno only. You can still fly into Jeuno from any of the other cities. I'm pretty sure it resets at jp midnight.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

I believe the first completion gives you a bigger bump than subsequent ones. If you want to do 1 airship run, 1 zinc run, and then flesh out with necklaces you'll probably spare yourself a few necklaces, but I'm not sure if it would be enough to be worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                      I believe the first completion gives you a bigger bump than subsequent ones. If you want to do 1 airship run, 1 zinc run, and then flesh out with necklaces you'll probably spare yourself a few necklaces, but I'm not sure if it would be enough to be worthwhile.
                      Completing new quests always provides a larger fame boost than repeating. If I had to guess, I'd say the ratio is at least 3:1, if not more, so yes, completing each quest at least once saves you from doing so many repeats (though whether that saves you any time or money in the long run is an open question).

I've always been something of a quest-hound, so I try to clear as many quests as possible, and I recall that I only had to hand in about 35 zinc ore to open the first Norg quests (the level 3 fame ones such as Like a Shining Leggings).

Icemage

Comment

Wait, so what price does the rice ball have to be in order to indicate that I've recieved lvl 4 fame in Norg?

I've also heard that 220 necklaces are required to get 4 Norg fame, anyone know if this is true?

Btw, Ice mage were you ever in the Alexander server? Cuz I remember checking my chatlog after going afk and I saw that a character called "Icemage" had examined me... was that you?

Comment

I believe Icemage has always been on Middy. Been playing since beta, I know that.
                          Can't remember the exact price before you can do the utsu quest, but I know there's a thread in the ninja forums about it, try a search and it will turn up.
                          And it took you 30 corenettes to go up one level of windy fame? I seem to remember doing it 60 times and getting from 6 to Hero.
                          I also know you can be a little short of required fame for utsu and just do the tonko quest first to get you over the limit for utsu. Most people do them both at once, since they're both in SSG.

EDIT: somepage says lvl 4 fame puts the riceballs between 160-156. Basically I'd just go until it hits 156 then go to Norg. Can try it earlier, but risk wasting your time getting to norg to find out you can't do it yet.
                          Last edited by Caspian; 11-21-2006, 08:39 PM.
                          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

There are many imitators, but there's only one me. I've played on Midgardsormr since the beginning of retail, so no, it wasn't me that /checked you.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                            X