X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCNM 40: Under Observation

Hello

I was looking around for information about this BCNM. It is a 40 capped BCNM with 3 players and a time limit of 15 mins. 3 Hectaeyes to fight that can be gravity and binded. At least this is the info I gathered from ffxi.somepage.com. However I'm wondering if you can sleep them and also if anyone has any strategies on this BCNM. I've used the search typing "Under Observation" and no results ; ;

Thanks in advance ^^

Re: BCNM 40: Under Observation

The usual strategy is having RNGs or range-attackers take down the 2 lower Hecteyes while a RDM Gravity-kites the main one, but now with the nerf... I'm not sure it's possible. My friends were able to win 18 times with no defeat with a BLM, BLM, RDM formation- I'll ask for strats and edit this post.

Edit: Strat from FFXIZONE-
    Formation as NIN, RNG, WHM
    As soon as the fight begins, RNG should Barrage one Compound Eye and bring it to the edge of the arena room. Beware of Breakga and Bindna- dodge them by running to the exit area then coming back. This depends on luck a bit. RNG should be able to solo the Compound Eye by Utsusemi tanking and bursting it with bolts and multiple WS'. While this happens, NIN needs to grab Sobbing Eye and solo-kite-tank around the exit-area while RNG takes down the Compound Eye -fast-. After RNG takes down Compound Eye, he/she should grab for the 2nd one. WHM needs to stand between the two members, curing when needed and use -na spells. Once RNG takes down 2nd Compound Eye, the rest of the battle should be farely easy, with NIN tanking, RNG DDing and WHM acting as support. Good luck!
    Last edited by kazuri; 07-25-2005, 03:00 AM.
    Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

What're the drops for this one?
      PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
      Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
      WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
      Currently Playing:
      FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Peacock Charm and Utusemi: Ni amongst other things.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

can rangers still solo the 2 eyes post-patch?
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I would say no Jei. Myself and 2 rngs went to the Royal Jelly BC last night. Prior to the patch we had 0 problems with this one, and the jellies never got close to the center. Last night we failed miserably. THe two DD's switched jobs and came back and we won.

Granted it isn't the same BC, but I really don't think RNG's are any good in this anymore.

Comment

what DD did you switch to for the royal jellies? Just straight melee them?

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Where would this BC be located?

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
                  Where would this BC be located?
                  check http://ffxi.somepage.com/bcnm/

Title: Sergeant Major
                  SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                  Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                  Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                  Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

so as rng i have absolutly no chance of doing this successfully?
                    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                    Yeah, It’s true.
                    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Not anymore, 3 man BCNMs are a bit trickier than usual. I could see Rng still having a place in Steamed Sprouts, but that's where my extensive knowledge of BCNMs cuts off.

So can these things be slept? Could we use /Nin'ers and a Rdm to sleep one while the other two pound down the other two? Or will this be forever limited to the Bsts?

Comment

Hm. . . . . .

I've been thinking of 2 RDMs and 1 NIN. Please offer any advice you can to my following strat.

1) 1 RDM gravity/bind the Sobbing Eye, 1 RDM graity/bind the Compound Eye
                        2) NIN grabs the other Compound Eye and tanks it backwards, to avoid the Hey Eyes attack (damage is dealt thru elemental ninjitsu)
                        3) NIN then grabs the other Compound Eye and RDM assits the other RDM in gravity/bind the Sobbing Eye (again, damage is dealt thru elemental ninjitsu)
                        4) NIN gets to Sobbing Eyes and fights in the same manner.

The reason why I want 2 RDMs is because of their Convert abilities and if gravity doesn't last as long there is another RDM to help cover for him/her

Currently I have at my disposal RDM,BLM,NIN, BRD, THF at 40+ and my friends are . . .
                        Friend 1: BLM, WHM
                        Friend 2: DRK, RDM
                        Friend 2: BLM
                        Friend 4: SMN, WHM
                        Friend 5: BLM, WHM

Now my question is. . .
                        Can the eyes be silenced? Only the compound eyes? Only the sobbing eyes? None?

Maybe RNGs can still do it thru Sleep Bolts? ^^

Double Post Edited:
                        Originally posted by Impaction
                        So can these things be slept? Could we use /Nin'ers and a Rdm to sleep one while the other two pound down the other two? Or will this be forever limited to the Bsts?
                        From what I understand they are able to sleep under BRD's lullaby but not under Sleep. I think it has to do with hectaeyes being dark elemental, hence why only BRD's lullaby works (don't quote me on it, it's just speculation as Hectaeyes have dropped Dark Crystals usually)

Double Post Edited:
                        Found some info on Killing Ifrit.

Sobbing Eye has around 2400-2500 HP
                        Compound Eyes has around 1500 HP

Not charmable, and jugs pets are too weak against the paralyze effect (Hex eyes)

I'm not confirming this, I am just saying this is the info that I found on Killing Ifirt
                        Last edited by Zempten; 07-25-2005, 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

hmm they were harder than I though. For some reason my leader though we could sleep them , I should have remembered they can't be slept. Nin Rdm Rdm, we got group paralyzed and the other Rdm got killed so fast.... Lost the first try, we'll try your plan this time and see how ti works Zemp. But our nin isn't prepared for ninjutsu killing I think... plus I don't quite trust the other Rdm

Double Post Edited:
                          ok it went a little better with me and the other Rdm kiting comp and sob. However, our Nin didn't prepare for ninjutsu nuking so he got paralyzed all the time. Also, the other Rdm that kited Sob died so fast.... I was able to kite 1 comp and heal the nin at the same time however.

This time we'll try again with me on the Sob. I'm kinda not trusting the other Rdm so much ; ; will see if he can kite and heal at the same time like I did.

Double Post Edited:
                          ok.... this totally sucks.

The boss Sobby couldn't touch me at all, I was kiting him with full health. It landed a few bindga on me but I dodge all breakga. The other Rdm however wasn't able to do what I easlily did: kite and heal ninja at the same time. I was far away with the Sobb and was unable to do anything but look at their health drop.

Word of advice, you need
                          - an ok ninja who is prepared to ninjutsu DD, turn their back to the NM.
                          - 2 good Rdm. If you have 2 Jei's you're guaranteed victory xD

Also, talked to my friend and he said a BST should be able to solo 1 comp with the help of pet. Anyone tried with BST?
                          Last edited by Jei; 07-25-2005, 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hm . . . from what I'm told Sleep is resisted but Lullaby is not. I believe it goes under the same concept of why BRDs can sleep bones, bats,...etc and BLMs and RDMs cannot. However, Lullaby is resisted every now and then even with Mary's Horn according to some guy at Killing Ifrit.

I think BST (pet) and SMN (carbuncle or maybe even Leviathan?) can be used to kite one of them.

I just finished capping out my Ninjitsu and now I'm waiting for my wife to hit Lvl 40 on her RDM and then I'll teach her to kite the gazers in The Eldieme Necropolis as a practice run for her.

So Jei, this would work if your other two members were. . . more expereinced you think?

Comment

hmmm every BC requires members to be smart I'd assume. The other Rdm in my group was really below standard imo.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                              X