2012 Anniversary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Anniversary?

Are they going to be offering another Anniversary ring this year? I'm wanting to get back into XI, but without anyone to really play with I largely solo, which is fine except for how long it takes. With an Anniversary ring that'd help a lot. I know I played last year and started up just after the anniversary event ended so I never got a ring, I haven't been able to find anything on an anniversary event this year.
    My character's name is Cadar on Cerberus.

Warrior-19
    Red Mage-55
    Dark Knight-55

Re: 2012 Anniversary?

I'm sure they will... yet I never remember when that happens. Think it's late Spring or early Summer.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Early Summer sounds right to me. I started playing in June a couple years ago and just missed it iirc.
      99 DNC
      99 WHM
      99 WAR
      * 99 THF
      99 BLM * 99 RDM *
      99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

I think we usually get them in may.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

How does it work, is there a quest chain, or do you just get it for logging in during that time?

Also, are those rings rechargeable?

Warrior-19
          Red Mage-55
          Dark Knight-55

Comment

You speak to a moogle in one of the starter cities.... one of the moogles from the MHMU. They give it to you after you speak to them (during the timeframe of the event).

And no... they are not rechargable.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
            99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
            99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Ok thanks. I didn't figure they were rechargeable. One should last me the year, lol.

Also just wanted to check, the ring will be a huge incentive for me playing again, to lessen the grind feel.

Warrior-19
              Red Mage-55
              Dark Knight-55

Comment

I'm not sure if you mentioned how long it's been since the last time you played, but the traditional party has all but died off in the past 2 or 3 years. Very little leveling comes from actual exp/mob these days. Instead, it now comes from EXP rewards for completing pages in GoV/FoV and Dominion. Also... exp rings/abilities of any kind (Corsair's Roll) do not effect your exp inside of Abyssea.

Not sure how much of an impact an EXP ring would really be on your gaming these days.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Like July of last year. I'm still in the 40s on my main job/subjob. Unless they've added something, or there's something I can do at that level and I just never knew, I think grinding is still the way to go.

If there's an alternate method to leveling though, definitely please point me in the right direction, lol.

Warrior-19
                  Red Mage-55
                  Dark Knight-55

Comment

Abyssea says hi.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                      Abyssea says hi.
                      Leeching, and low level skills say hi....

I suggest you don't do abbyssea until you hit level 75. Won't be able to do anything until then anyways.

Comment

The answer to skilling up:

Switch to XIV
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

KOL, you can join an xp alliance in Crawler's Nest in the 40s. Just go into the zone and shout for a party.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                          Abyssea says hi.
                          Yeah, do this, that way you don't actually have to play the game. /sarcasm Why would you actually tell a newish player to do this?
                          99 DNC
                          99 WHM
                          99 WAR
                          * 99 THF
                          99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                          99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Working...
                          X