Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Job(s) will get me to cap with minimal prep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Job(s) will get me to cap with minimal prep?

Ok, so I'm kind of going over this in my head, and on paper, but I wanted some people who are experienced with the game as it is now, as opposed to a few years ago to offer their opinions.

I'm starting fresh (for now) as a Galka. I'd like to avoid magey jobs if possible, because, lolGalkaMP.

What jobs require from 1-90 minimal subjobs? As a RDM on Murphie I had a bajillionty necessary and semi-necessary subjobs. Which I was totally cool with. But I'd like to avoid leveling six or seven jobs for this character, at least on my first time to endgame if at all possible.

My thoughts:

BRD! Well, here's a job that once upon a time could come to parties in event gear and with a shitty sub and still get an invite. I wouldn't play that way, but at the end of the day, /WHM and /NIN seemed to cover the bases. Is this still true? (To be fair, a level 90 BRD wouldn't be all that useful to me, because their ability to do other stuff solo would be limited, but whatever.)

NIN: Ok, so... /WAR? /DNC? What subs are needed for this pricey job?

I DRG, but that would require, at the minimum, /WAR, /NIN, /BLU? Or some kind of Magey job for solo work. I dunno how it works anymore. But a Galka DRG would be fun.

I mean, I'm open. I know my race choice isn't ideal. Hell, I've searched the race numbers on Valefor and it's hilarious. 500+ humes. 400+ Taru. 300+ Mithra and Humes, 75 Galka. Seventy. Five. So I know I'm kind of a niche race. That's cool. I just want to take at least one job to 90 with the minimum amount of prep, and then I'll be free to deal with more involved jobs.

Suggestions?

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

So via reading elsewhere, I've discovered that BRD is while not completely useless in Abyssea, it's not the shining star it used to be, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. So I'm open to other suggestions. Seriously. ANY SUGGESTION.

Re: What Job(s) will get me to cap with minimal prep?

DNC would be my recommendation with NIN/WAR/WHM levelled as subjobs. It is a seriously cheap job to level as gear makes very little difference until higher levels. The AF you receive is mostly useful, especially the weapon, and considering you stated in another thread you enjoy soloing it is one of the best jobs out there for it. You gain self haste, instant stuns, provoke, gravity, evasion/attack/magic defense/critical defense down effects, in addition to skillchain/weaponskill bonuses, self-skillchain, esuna for all intents and purposes, and a bunch of curing spells.

The only thing that causes a DNC problems is Paralyze and Amnesia which pretty much is the same for everyone. Silence has zero effect on your abilities. Role-wise you can tank, heal, and perform a DD role, usually performing two of those simultaneously.

Comment

I agree with Grizzle only on account of the fact that Galka dance animations are the best.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Don't forget the ruffles!

Comment

yeah DNC is sweet, I am going to make it my first job to 90 now that I have come back. There are a lot of people that don't seem to want to mess with DNC, and I don't know why.... its a fun job to play with and in the right hands, awesome as hell.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I hated DNC, every last second of it. Its stuck at 38 because of that.

Anyway DNC isn't the only one that gets invites fast. The way many are, you're not going to be turned down as a SAM, and that would only really require /WAR, though of course with every DD job, you'll be expected to have /NIN as well.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

WAR NIN MNK WHM & BLM are the top most desired jobs atm.

I don't see why you're getting in a tissy about leveling subs either, given how stupidly fast you can EXP now even solo.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I'd hardly call it "getting in a tissy [sic].' I'm simply looking for at least one job that doesn't require a shit ton of subs, since I kind of just did that last time.

Not that I'm opposed to leveling jobs. It's just easier to do shit for yourself when you have at least one high level job. And it's easier and faster to achieve said high level job if you only have to level a few subs for it.

Still, I appreciate the suggestions by everyone. Good to know what jobs are currently king.

Comment

I agree with everyone who said that DNC is a great job if you want to be self-reliant... and level yourself with as few SJ as possible. It really is the most logical choice. The only other option I would suggest is NIN. Once you unlock the job, virtually all of your start-up spells are questble... requiring little to no start-up money... You can get by with only THF, WAR and DNC as SJ for the most part... and those same 4 jobs are interchangable and mix-and-matchable.

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  WAR NIN MNK WHM & BLM are the top most desired jobs atm.

I don't see why you're getting in a tissy about leveling subs either, given how stupidly fast you can EXP now even solo.
                  Also BLU.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                  99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                  99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

mmmmmm....

WAR---SAM/NIN/DNC

SAM---WAR/NIN/DNC

NIN---WAR/DNC

DNC---WAR/NIN/SAM

could go any of these routes, although NIN main will of course be more expensive, and DNC being optional on all those choices.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

you can get away with Bst/Whm only.

or even Bst/Dnc only (but you'd have to get a job to 30 to unlock )

pretty cheap as well.
                      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                      -Verth (90) Completed!!
                      -Guttler (95) Completed!
                      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

One more vote for BST. You can just level your sub (WHM?) to 30 and then go from there.

You'll get tons of seals, gil and drops in the process too.

Heck if I'm around I'll duo BST with you since I want to level the job. Right now @ lvl45 I think.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                          you're not going to be turned down as a SAM,
                          I'm not finding that to be the case. SAMs are not as desired as they once were. Abyssea xp parties are fine and good ... but if you want in on runs for gear or atmas or w/e in Abyssea most likely you'll be asked if you have another job and turned down if you do not. Outside Abyssea (which most the population is not doing) SAM is still a pretty awesome job.

DNC is cheap and amazingly powerful now. Lvl 90 has been really good to them. New gear has made them pretty epic.

NIN is spendy but wanted.

WAR is wanted but requires you to have a lot of weapons on you and lvl'd up for certain WSs for triggers.

BST is epic... and Idk anything more about them than that.
                          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

DNC seems to be the most logical choice for me at the moment. That and BST for times when I'm feeling like going solo.

That said, I'm totally going to unlock DRG, because I DRG so much.

Comment

SAM is for all intents and purposes dead in the water unless you have Fudo and even then.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X