Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning question.

Hello everyone,

I just have a quick question about FFXI.

Can you duel?

See, very quick.

Re: Returning question.

Duel? As in PvP? Yes there is PvP but its very limited. This game is definitely not for someone that must have PvP in their MMO.

Here's a guide for it:

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/pvp...sta-guide.html

Its a few years old so I don't know if anything has changed in it or not but it will give you a general idea. Or go to www.ffxiclopedia.org and put Ballista in the search.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Ah, so there's no open dueling?

In Everquest (WoW too I think) you could do /duel and fight someone 1v1 I'm just wondering if there is anything like this in FFXI.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfenlied View Post
        In Everquest (WoW too I think) you could do /duel and fight someone 1v1 I'm just wondering if there is anything like this in FFXI.
        No, you cant. But, you can go to Ballista and dual some one that way if you wish and not have anyone interfere as no one else does it anymore. I was part of a PvP LS, but it got boring so fast as certain jobs where way to powerful in PvP, and can one shot ya too easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfenlied View Post
          Ah, so there's no open dueling?

Sorry we just have two PvP sports and they are called Balistia and Brenner. They are somwhat unpopuplar with most FFXI players so you'd have to con your friends into playing with you. Brenner is more of a capture the flag game while balista is a soccer/hockey type game where you have to score points by putting "Petras" into a goal after you've wiped the floor with someone. You can look up more detals on FFXI encyclopedia...
          Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
          (have fun MMO players ^^)
          Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Brenner tends to be used just for dueling these days anyway. Ballista's diorama was originally used, but since no one seriously plays Brenner anymore and you can get in any time for free...

I've heard that PvP is a lot more balanced at 60cap than uncapped. That said it's been ages since I've seen people willing to do stuff capped that can be done uncapped.
            Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
            DRK99,DNC91,THF90
            Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
            Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
            WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
            Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
            All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
            Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
            Clothcraft 24
            Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
            BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Working...
            X