Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What happened to the game?

Originally posted by Auro View Post
    Hmm. At risk of sounding Japanese, that's a pretty selfish attitude.

If you have all these possible interferences, then don't party.

You really have no qualms with wasting 5 other people's time so you can pick your nose? How do you know they don't have a huge booger and have been waiting for hours to pick it so they don't waste your time?

Clarifying: If you've given 20 mins notice, or have a dire emergency and at least tried /sea all inv, then yeah, replacements are the pt leaders problem. If you just decided you're done and leave, that's not cool.
    There are 2 sides to every coin. My take is, I agreed to party with you and I did. I'm done. Goodbye. I'll look to see if there is a replacement but I'm usually on a mage job and there usually isn't. You can't cater to 5 different people's opinions about partying. We can't always get what we want whether its in game or out. So a mob dies and a person goes {Time for work.}{Goodbye!} and leaves. You take a 10-15 min break and get a replacement. If people aren't willing to stay for that amount of time to get one then they were probably thinking of leaving soon anyways. If they do wait, a small break benefits everyone...potty break, get something to drink, stretch your legs, etc. People make WAY too much of it.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Auro View Post
      Hmm. At risk of sounding Japanese, that's a pretty selfish attitude.

If you have all these possible interferences, then don't party.

You really have no qualms with wasting 5 other people's time so you can pick your nose? How do you know they don't have a huge booger and have been waiting for hours to pick it so they don't waste your time?

Clarifying: If you've given 20 mins notice, or have a dire emergency and at least tried /sea all inv, then yeah, replacements are the pt leaders problem. If you just decided you're done and leave, that's not cool.
      You misunderstood. My point wasn't that there are a million interferences with my day. I'm not gonna party if I think I'm gonna be plagued by distractions, but, it only takes the one. I could have an emergency, I could be fatigued, I could simply be disinterested in partying further.

My point is that it doesn't really matter the reason for leaving, when it's time to go, that's it. Might be 20 minutes notice, might be 10, might be 5... but, when it's time to go, it's time to go. It's inconsiderate to expect someone to wait for a replacement, or to try and guilt/blame them for not staying.

Just accept the loss of one member(gracefully), and focus on looking for the next.

Comment

I've been in parties where no members of the original party remained, and it was still an awesome party.

Comment

my original complaint had nothing to do with replacement finding anyway though
          its just lame to suddenly ditch a party-and causes the same lame problems as fake d/c minus waiting around 10 minutes for a person who isn't coming back

if you had to go im not going to beg you to stay "omgz just 5.7k xp moar prz" just randomly leaving is annoying though

fk yes

Comment

I think that if you can't at least give a small "heads up" to the party that you plan to leave (I usually give 30 min) then you're pretty rude. In some cases it's unavoidable, I understand, but if you're just gonna go do something else or log off for sleep/work you can at least give us a bit of a warning. Even if I'm really fucking tired and I can barely keep my eyes open, I'll still try to stay long enough for the rest of the party to either replace me or decide on its own to disband.

Nine times out of ten, when I say, "{I'm sorry.} {Time remaining} 30 {minute} {I'm tired.}" at least one other person was also considering disbanding and the entire party decides to call it quits. It's a very rare occasion indeed when I'm asked to find a replacement for myself because the rest of my party wants to keep going. Usually I'm one of the last people to want to leave a party, though, and parties end up disbanding before I'm actually ready for them to end. :/
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
              I think that if you can't at least give a small "heads up" to the party that you plan to leave (I usually give 30 min) then you're pretty rude. In some cases it's unavoidable, I understand, but if you're just gonna go do something else or log off for sleep/work you can at least give us a bit of a warning.
              This ^

Generally, it's really rude to randomly leave a party unless it's an emergency. Try to give an ample warning that you're leaving. I usually give 30 minutes warning before I have to leave, but even 15-20 minutes is fine too. In that time period, I'll look for a replacement, but if none are found within the time period, that's the leader's responsibility.

As far as randomly leaving the party, it's rude. If it's an emergency, it's an emergency. However, if you're leaving because you want to do something else in game (excluding an HNM that just popped) that is rude and I probably wouldn't invite the person to another party.
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Yeah, sometime Tia pops like second interval and you're like ... fawk ...
                sigpic
                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Auro, I don't disagree that being able to solo tougher enemies is uber, but it is not what makes the job uber. The ability to solo those mobs is entirely on the player playing the job. It takes a lot of focus and patience to be able to run in circles, figure 8's etc for an hour or so. I don't deny that RDM the job allows people the chance to do it, but in reality the whole RDM population can not solo things for one reason or another, either due to lack of gear or lack of patience. The ability to solo things makes the player uber, not the job. Ive seen NIN/RDMs solo things that RDM's can, Ive seen NIN/DNC's do it, and I have seen BLM's solo things we cant. But thats not because the job is uber it is because the person behind the job is.

As for the leaving parties without saying anything. A lot of times Japanese players only party for set amounts of time, usually in hour intervals. NA parties do not, we just go and go and rep and go and go until everyone is done. Every time I have been in a party with JP or a JP in a NA party they always have said 2 Hours, or 3 hours. They Usually always break for 5 minutes every hour, when they don't get the same thing in a NA party they take it as an insult towards there comfortable play style.

Besides I see way more NA players do the leave unanounced, force DC, or even just AFK then japanese players.

sig courtesy tgm
                  retired -08

Comment

Your Sam acted like a noob burn em forget em,Stick to the std set ups or like me ask a jp for invite .was 75rdm/37nin in galka whm party 2x pld whm we burned xp for 14hrs a day til maxxed out...Its skilll +attitude plus intelligence hang in there its inevitable to get a moron in ur party sometimes.Dont Give Up Press on and mpk sam later...LOL

Comment

To each their own. I don't consider leaving a party last minute rude. I do look for a replacement and on rare occasions there is one but most often there is not. I'm not staying until one is there and thats what 99% of the parties want. No one is forcing their way of doing things unto me, when I'm done...I'm done. Simple as that. It's not rude, people just like to make you think that so you'll feel guilty.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Exactly Mom everyone has there limit and its not like everyone who seeks a rep is a DD who can choose from 10 other classes to rep them. I agree 100%

When you're done you're done. If the 5 other people don't like it, there is still another 1000+ to go to.

sig courtesy tgm
                        retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                          To each their own.
                          ^This

Everyone has different interpretations on what's rude I guess.

And honestly, the only things that really make me mad is the fake dc, and the *Level Up*-> "Ok guys, I GTG..."

I know you just want to hang on until you level up, but it's still always irritating. xD

Comment

Auro, I challenge you to find a RDM, BRD or WHM that's actually there behind the keyboard while seeking while you politely find a replacement for yourself in those roles. I'd mention COR or SCH, but people seldom consider us because the tards just want haste and we can't give them that, so BRD and RDM get invited ahead and looked for.

Its absolutely infuriating to find a replacement for yourself as a BRD or RDM. Its actually easier to find a replacement on COR. Just invite a DD, I'm done. But find a BRD or RDM to replace me? Fuck that, I'll just leave. Half the time I ask those snobs they have a list of twenty questions for me to answer or they won't come out. I just want to leave the damn PT, I don't have all night to be polite.

I even tried once to replace myself as a healer on SCH. I went through dozens of them with no replay and eventually broke down and invited a PUP/DNC because the one RDM I did ask had to be a fucking princess about the setup, where the camp was and everything. Screw it. PUP/DNC works, he just doesn't have haste, but he and heal with his robot and cure with his TP. Its not the AoE Stoneskin/Phalanx gig I do, but its passable.

Replacing yourself as a DD is a cinch. Just pick any that are out there seeking and breathing. Those people aren't up to the demands a RDM, BRD, COR, WHM or SCH face otherwise they would be seeking as those jobs. I can replace myself on RNG, BST or DRG with much greater ease than any other job I play. I just gotta find a DD with a pulse. That's not hard at all.

So if you want me to be polite and replace myself, catch me on a day I'm a DD. Don't look at me like I'm some rat bastard when my RDM, BRD, COR or SCH has to leave. I joined your PT, I buffed/healed you. I did my part. Good luck on replacing me because I don't have the time or patience to deal with the level of ego my peers have in those jobs.

Comment

If I have to go I always give a half an hour warning. I;m a WHM so I obviously can't just go sea all random job and invite the first person seeking. I have to pray that there is a WHM or RDM/SCH/SMN willing to heal seeking which can take a long time. If there is no rep to be found I will go after the 30 mins. If I need to go I need to go, simple as.

TBH I dislike using reps because I feel guilty if the party disbands shortly after thier arrival. It means that someone got dragged out to a camp for nothing.

Then there is exp fatigue. Where you're frankly just unwilling to party anymore due to it going on for so long. Most NA players won't care and will just keep ploughing on regardless of if a member is currently drooling everywhere due to being unable to focus due to fatigue. The last time I asked a party for a break on WHM resulted in the rest of the party just laughing and callng me a noob even though I'd been healing these guys in a boring as hell bird camp for three and a half straight hours with no rest breaks. Needless to say I didn't stay in that party for much longer.

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
                              Dunno why, but the forum ate my post...

Anyways, what it basically said was this:

Of the mage jobs you listed, BLU and RDM are probably the hardiest ones out there, and will often be the last ones standing. RDM just efeebles the damn thing into mewling kitten mode, while BLU simply eats its soul for daring to touch them by way of half-second cating times and rather damaging, um... ahem, "debuffs" (insomuch as you can consider bleeding HP faster than the speed of light while also simultaneoulsly experiencing a negative status effect from the same cast a "debuff").
                              Actually White Mages are as hardy as RDMs considering that WHM's have the whole "Buff up and cure until the thing gives up and/or keels over from exhaustion". You won't see a WHM/NIN outsolo a RDM/NIN but people seriously underestimate just how resiliant high level WHMs are in the right hands.

To be perfectly honest an average white mage can easily shrug off blows from exp mobs as well as a Red Mage or healer Blue Mage. As long as they keep Stoneskin+Blink+Aquaviel+RR up. People panic about WHMs and RDMs taking hate when WHMs and RDMs both have these very nice buffs that let them pretty much ignore damage when they have to take hate or lose the tank. Just because you're a backline job doesn't mean you're squishy. WHMs and RDMs just have to play smart when dealing with incoming damage.
                              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                              Reiko Takahashi
                              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                                Its absolutely infuriating to find a replacement for yourself as a BRD or RDM. Its actually easier to find a replacement on COR. Just invite a DD, I'm done. But find a BRD or RDM to replace me? Fuck that, I'll just leave. Half the time I ask those snobs they have a list of twenty questions for me to answer or they won't come out. I just want to leave the damn PT, I don't have all night to be polite.
                                This.

Also, whenever I seek, I keep my questions to an absolute minimum -- I ask where it is, what you're fighting. I never have liked Caedarva (as I've said many other places before), so I try to avoid that whenever possible. But honestly... party setup I could care less. I don't think I have EVER asked what the setup is for a party. If/when I seek on BRD or WHM, I know what my job is. I do it, and I think I do a fairly good job. An exceptional job no, and I admit that, but I can still do it REGARDLESS of setup.

And, more to the point, I suck horrendously at soloing (even on BST, I know I'm pathetic), so it's either the meager XP I get from a crappy party or nothing. And more often than not, I luck out and it's actually a very good party.
                                Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                                90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                                70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                                52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Working...
                                X