XBOX vs. PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XBOX vs. PC?

I've only ever played on the new model xbox360 - no probs at all, great HD graphics and love the wireless features - PLUS Im a Mac person, so the PC version is a nonstarter for me to begin with. Nice to have the Macbook next to me to reasearch things tho....
    sigpic

(\ /)
    ( . . )
    C(")(")
    ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

The wife and I both play, she on the pc and I on the xbox. I used to play on the pc but prefer the console, she hates it when she has to play on the xbox. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. You can use an xbox controller on the pc or you can use a kb+mouse on the xbox. Playing on my TV (Samsung 1080i slim) looks great except for the text which is just a -little- fuzzy. Sometimes I can't make out numbers on the party bar. However, that's probably just my tube as the slims are known to have a variety of problems.

In generally, I prefer the controller to kb. The only problem with the response time for macros. KB you can quickly slap alt/ctrl+# but on the controller you have to navigate to it. Not that you can't pre-select the macro (I play a pup and am constantly spamming maneuvers so it helps) but I still get quicker results for when I'm newbing it up on my whm for heals when I'm using a keyboard. F1, alt+1 for a cure is faster than dpad to character, alt, navigate, activate. This can be bypassed by making a whole bar of party member specific macros but that uses up a lot of macro bar real estate. It's more of a niggling quibble but something to consider if that kind of thing bothers you.

Comment

I personally prefer PC because of its convenience. A keyboard is already given to you for typing, macros are much easier to perform, and you can always alt+tab, to look up anything you need to know while playing in-game.

I guess in the end it really is up to your own preference though.
        Ketski : Carbuncle
        Tarutaru: PLD 40 WHM 31 BLM 27 WAR 28 MNK 27

Comment

I don't have much of a choice my computer is windows.. so I have to buy for 360. Only thing I am worried about is.. can someone using a controller play as well as someone using a keyboard? Why can't I just make the USB keyboard play on my 360?

Comment

Well, you can, but some people find the controller is more comfortable. You may not find that to be the case, but you may as well give it a shot.

Comment

I played PSU before it was easy to play it with a ps2 controller so it should be the same. Also my HDTV is right by my computer its kinda like a big office/desk (new furniture) lol so I often use both at once. Also I can make my PC games go on my HDTV but still 360 would be best choice for me.

Comment

If you want the best graphics go with PC. Forget what ppl say about lag and whatnot, stunning graphics all the way with a PC + PS2 Controller.

Those saying 360 either never played on PC or just prefer teamspeak/consoles
                | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
                2/5 WAR +2
                Farsha(85)

Comment

Well good news for me is I just got $40 buying FFXI tomorrow for my 360.

Comment

Working...
                  X