XBOX vs. PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOX vs. PC?

Hi, I'm looking to come back, haven't played since 2003 or so.. looking to start fresh.

So, should I buy it for Xbox 360 or PC and secondly are the additions since 2003 worth coming back for? Thanks.

Re: XBOX vs. PC?

XBOX!!!

idk really i play on Xbox and i love it but maybe Pc can give u less lag that depends on ur machine...

Aditions...let me think, if im not wrong i think 3 expansion had been released since then CoP ToaH and WotG so lot of new things bro.

and Welcome back!

Comment

lots of additions...most notablely 3 expasion packs! there are new jobs and other changes...and new eqiups...and it keep eveloving XD
      Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
      (have fun MMO players ^^)
      Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

360 you can hear it in suround sound and high def and you can team speak to one person with the head set and custum music so yeah i would choose 360.
        "True Warriors never die, They just get sent to hell then regroup."

Comment

I have both PC and 360 versions. It really is a personal choice. If you are more of a console gamer then by all means go with the 360 version. I play mainly on the PC with a PS2 controller. My son plays on PC with a 360 controller. Then you can have the conveinence of the console controls via the PC.

I prefer the PC because I can do so many things at once. It's also wonderful to be able to look up the information for a quest/map/food info/etc. when you need it. I also like to voice chat on my PC when doing events with the ls. When I just want to sit back and relax then I play it on my 360 and lounge on my chaise. (Bad side effect is sometimes I fall asleep!! LOL)
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post

I prefer the PC because I can do so many things at once. It's also wonderful to be able to look up the information for a quest/map/food info/etc. when you need it. I also like to voice chat on my PC when doing events with the ls. When I just want to sit back and relax then I play it on my 360 and lounge on my chaise. (Bad side effect is sometimes I fall asleep!! LOL)

I can do the same thing, and I play on 360. I guess I got a bit lucky though, my PC is right next to my 360. I can easily look things up etc. If the event of you having to voice chat with multiple people in your LS comes, you could DL Skype/Vent and talk to them while playing on the 360 as well. Once again, I'm speaking from my perspective because of the position of my 360/PC.

Comment

I play on PC and its pretty convinient. Im a new player so i have to keep looking up certain things as to what certain items do etc. I can always put on my music and still have surround sound along with talking to multiple peoeple on Ventrilo.
              Name: Alkisti
              Server: Cerberus
              Job: 20BRD/10WHM.

Comment

I have always been a PC player. I prefer the keyboard to a controller, and I like the versatility of the PC for doing more than just playing the game. IT really just comes down to personal preference.
                FFXIV Balmung Server
                Tenro Matashi
                PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

XBOX 360 when you dont get screwed with the "lights of death"
                  Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

PC all the way. The failure rate on the Xbox 360 makes it a non-starter for me as far as playing an MMO.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                      PC all the way. The failure rate on the Xbox 360 makes it a non-starter for me as far as playing an MMO.

Icemage
                      True that.

In other words, I would have made this a real post, but Icemage pretty much sums up everything I would say.
                      Originally posted by Armando
                      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                      Originally posted by Armando
                      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Please go PC even with all the crap PC has to put up with (random crashes, bsod, vista, etc.) is still preferable over xbox360 (sorry M$).
                        Hacked on 9/9/09
                        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I've owned a 360 since December 2005, one of my fondest memories is driving three hours to a far off city and arriving just as the mythical 360 delivery semi truck arrived. It was great, because I was looking forward to the 360 since.

My 360 has never died on me since. I played the 360 beta for FFXI (I remember busting my balls for a week trying to get that damn magazine), I pretty much got the beta for it because it was on the 360, as I've never liked FF before this game, and I play consoles, not games.

I've pretty much never turned the system off since early December when I started playing FFXI again. I have no fear or worry at all about my system's well being.

I also love the vibration, and the fact my macros are on the shoulder pads, but I guess you can get this experience on PS2 too, but 360's graphics are better than ps2.
                          BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
                          Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Comment

From what I understand the new model 360's are fine. I myself both love and hate mine.

I love being able to sit back in front of a big screen HD with a wireless controller and keyboard, being able to start the game up and shut the system down wirelessly, and having XBL as an extra means of tracking down LSmates when they are running late to Limbus because they won't get their asses off of CoD4. The 360 controller lends itself very well to FFXI, the buttons are placed well for the game's control scheme, and I can't imagine how people actually move around without an analog stick. The graphics are relatively comparable to most PCs aside from the hardcore gaming setup ones.

At the same time, I have an old model 360, and it's a piece of crap. It often freezes in campaign battles or beseiged(or any other overly laggy environment that has an extended duration), and it also has trouble reading the disc, which I think causes some of the freezing, and makes starting up a 5 minute process on bad days. The cd tray is a hunk of junk that usually only opens about a quarter inch and I need to pull it the rest of the way manually, then shove it closed manually.

I'd probably make the decision based on which is the most physically comfortable to play on for you, remember that you usually log long, continuous hours into MMOs, and sometimes a couch is better than a desk chair, but other people may be more comfy at the PC.
                            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                              The 360 controller lends itself very well to FFXI, the buttons are placed well for the game's control scheme, and I can't imagine how people actually move around without an analog stick.
                              Don't forget that you can play with a wireless 360 controller or a PS2 controller on PC also. I play PC games that use keyboard and mouse, as does my son, and we both prefer to use a controller on the PC with FFXI.
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X