Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A questions about US POL from UK

ok title might not make much sense but here it is,

I have recently decided to reactivate my account and start playing FFxi again from scratch so my question is when i reactivate my account will i have to put in a US address for it to work?(because i imported the US version at release) i cant remember how i did it before, if i do need a us address does anyone have tips on how to get one? (im from UK btw this is why im asking).

created by 399animeshop & NarutoFever

Re: A questions about US POL from UK

I don't think you need a US address in order to work a US POL client. However, you'll have to install the US versions of the expansions instead of the EU one as the US client will not take the keys from an EU game. (Is it still like this?)

Comment

ok thanks, that looks ok then.

created by 399animeshop & NarutoFever

Comment

Originally posted by x1ang View Post
        I don't think you need a US address in order to work a US POL client. However, you'll have to install the US versions of the expansions instead of the EU one as the US client will not take the keys from an EU game. (Is it still like this?)
        As far as I know, you still can't mix the regionalized versions as far as expansions and main game (JP, NA, EU). If your account was an imported NA version, you'll need imported expansion keys to activate that content.

Note that the actual client software doesn't seem to care; you can connect with any version of the FFXI client to any account. But the activation keys are much pickier.

Icemage

Comment

I also imported the US version a long time ago (day of release!) and im from the UK.

When you first opened your account you did need to put in a U.S/Canada address (or atleast just say you're from U.S/Canada).

My account details says my address as normal but my country has to be Canada or U.S or billing doesnt work.

Comment

Working...
          X