This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lost ambition

Lol I've been there too and I've been wolfstar since FF's release and carried the name through plenty of other games, unfortunetly its become pretty popular and most likely (saying that I don't get my old account back) I will have to go by another name, everyone always called me wolfy ^^

Comment

I play for this.

I take no credit for this, it just keeps popping up and the original host has been lost. I decided to upload it to the ffxionline video hosting directory.

If the original owner wishes to take this down, please notify me and I will modify the post.
      Hacked on 9/9/09
      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I'm a Dragoon and I'm going to tell you to ignore Dragoon. Warrior is the next big melee so if that's what you're interested go for that. Otherwise I suggest you choose any sort of mage, they're always in demand and you'll find you'll be able to experience any and all content uninhibited.

I know it sounds cruel, but the struggle of the end game melee is unparalleled.

Comment

Playing WoW for over a year, WoW's end-game only lasts one month.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Shall i say.. another one bites the dust D:?
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

/shrug
              I kinda lost interested in some aspects of FFXI too. like exp or HNM, I no longer feel like doing it.
              2 main reasons I keep coming back to FFXI are
              - my LS. I love a lot of my friends here. We go BC/mission/quest together all the time.
              - crafting... when i wake up in the morning, guild point item is the first thing I check before anyhting else -.-
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I haven't played FFXI much, but I still go there for me to explore the world and to make gil.

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast
                  I play for this.

I take no credit for this, it just keeps popping up and the original host has been lost. I decided to upload it to the ffxionline video hosting directory.

If the original owner wishes to take this down, please notify me and I will modify the post.
                  Also hosted here: http://koti.phnet.fi/santamik/FFXI/meetingagain-en.swf

I only saw that swf a month or so ago, but ir really revitalized my interest in the game also. I get very goal-oriented with games, and when my experience with FFXI started become more of a chore than something I enjoyed, that flash reminded me that there are things to be done and appreciated that have nothing to do with chasing a number or an item.

Unfortunately, like Jei, I've become completetly burnt out on exp. Maybe it's just my job. I used to appreciate that rdm was such a busy and flexible job in xp, and in many cases so pivotal, but ... now when I think about it I just don't want to work that hard. Thing is ... I'm only 57 ... don't even have my AF yet.

But - the good news is I've been able to play quite happily for some time while only treading water on my experience bar. Mostly helping people with quests, missions, genkais, etc; crafting, learning how to farm and solo mobs close to my own level, basically trying to fill out the limits of what a level 57 character can do. When I went back to my now-favorite farming spot and discovered I had learned something that allowed me to succeed where I had been murdered effortlessly before, even though my power level hadn't changed, that was more satisfying than seeing 10 level up fanfares.
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Omniblast "ftp://ftp.ffxionline.com/incoming/meetingagain-en.swf" was an amazing story!!

Comment

Yeah.. that flash is awesome. I've already watched it but each time i watch it makes me feel like I've nevere enjoyed a mmo in that way.
                      I'm back! Sanim restored!

Comment

i feel the same way.

Comment

First time I've watched that and I must say I'm gonna send that to every player I know.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                          SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Everytime I see that flash, it makes me want to come back and play.

Comment

you should play again haha^^

Comment

Believe me, I've thought about it. I think I'm just going to wait a little bit longer to decide since the next few months will be slightly hectic (HS graduation, vacation, college, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                                X