Yes Disc, No CD case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Disc, No CD case

I bought the disc online but I don't have a case. Will I still be able to play this?

Re: Yes Disc, No CD case

If you bought the game used, then mostlikley not. You will be better off going to the store and buying the full game. You also need teh code, if its not in it, then you deffiently can not play the game.

Comment

Darn. Well, thank you. I appreciate it.

Comment

It's a rule of MMORPGs ... don't buy them used, they're worthless to you if somebody's been at them first.

Comment

I see. Yeah, I thought I'd buy the vana diel collectino but it's so expensive for ps2. It's quite hard to find a ps2 version new.

Comment

Originally posted by londinio View Post
            It's quite hard to find a ps2 version new.
            Try you rlocal game stop. even Amazon. They should have tons of new ones there.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Here ya go...

Amazon.com: Used and New: Final Fantasy XI: The Vana'diel Collection 2008

The reason as to why the FFXI game is so expensive for the PS2 is because it comes with the HDD for the PS2. You can only use the fat PS2 for FFXI as well as its the only one that supports the HDD.

Might be better to just run it on your PC.

Comment

Uh, actually, if the media you have has all the expansions for your system, you can just buy the collection package for whatever system it's cheapest on (probably Windows) and use the codes from it. The codes are region-specific (JP/NA/EU) but they are not platform-specific; you can use the same account on a PC or PS2 or Xbox360.

Edit: You can also technically play on an account out-of-region, but you can't mix codes and you can only do account maintenance with the POL Viewer of the matching region. For Windows users the latter is not much of an issue since POL Viewer for each region is downloadable from SE's webservers.

Edit2: Oh, yeah, if you don't have the HDD you're kind of screwed. Unfortunately, it's not a commodity HDD you can buy from a computer store, you need one that actually came with FFXI from what I understand. After looking at the costs involved I decided it was better to get a more powerful computer rather than try to deal with outfitting a PS2 appropriately. Any system made in the last 3 years or so can probably handle FFXI passably anyway, especially if you can get a semi-recent Radeon or GeForce in it.
              Last edited by Lunaryn; 10-19-2009, 02:56 PM.
              Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
              DRK99,DNC91,THF90
              Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
              Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
              WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
              Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
              All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
              Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
              Clothcraft 24
              Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
              BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Working...
              X