Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI Not Responding

Hey guys,
    I have been playing for a while and i just got my boyfriend to start. He bought the whole set yesterday and it worked fine last night for about 3 hours. We logged off and we tried to get back on today and for some reason his loads up POL fine, but the second he chooses 'play' where the opening should start (if you have that chosen under config) it stops working and we have to ctrl alt del it to get out of the screen. There are no error messages and we installed the pol for vista also. If anyone knows how we can fix this please let me know! =)

We have already tried:
    - uninstalling everything and reinstalling
    - restarting
    - returning to a save point
    - changing things in config

none of these work. Please give some feed back =)
    thanks in advance!
    Bootsy - phoenix server

Re: FFXI Not Responding

update your direct X
    update your Video card drivers
    and if your running Vista, set POL in XP SP3 mode (right click go to properties and select compatibility tab)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

We tried both of those just now. we had no new updates for either and it was set on the XP tab already. ( I did not realize all of this lol, he has been working on it while i have been trying to find someone who knows what to do.) So this did not work either ; ;
      thank you though!!

we appreciate it!

Comment

and you are using the Vista POL right? if not, or you dont know, you have to download the Vista POL from FFXI main site.

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

Comment

Ya we are using the Vista POL we have tried everything we have been able to find on their official site, as well as multiple forums and websites and nothing has worked. we are hoping to hear back from SE since we also emailed them

Comment

oh....mmmm... I got nothing then

Comment

It stops at the opening video? Try disabling the Video by the FFXI config. It might help.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                It stops at the opening video? Try disabling the Video by the FFXI config. It might help.
                oh damn, yeah... I forgot all about that, I was thinking it was crashing when the game tries to start initionaly, but if its crashing when the movie starts, witch is about a sec later, then yeah. disable it, or update your codexs and or media stuffs

Comment

We tried that also ._. but it did not work.
                  Thank you though, its soooo appreciated that you are trying to help!

Comment

Hmmm... Try changing the size of the game? Is it full screen or window mode? Try that. Maybe disabiling your Anti Virus might work. I had an issue with that. It said FFXI was a virus and tried deleting the "virus" >.<

Not sure what else It could be though. Just tossing ideas around.

Comment

yeah i thought of that too. tried starting in both windowed and full screen, only diff is windowed freezes with a white screen... full freeze with black... have to ctrl alt del to close the program...

i have norton, and tried starting with everything disabled and didnt help...

Comment

Maybe your firewall settings isnt letting it gain access to the internet? But you probably already tried that...

Might be easier if you just wait for SE to respond. Try calling them. Don't use their chat service from the website. No one ever respondes there.

Comment

Working...
                        X