Windows configuring FFXI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows configuring FFXI?

Hey all, i've been sifting through hundreds of pages trying to find a solution to my problem. Recently i was disconnected from FFXI due to focus issues on my desktop. I disabled the program that was causing it, then attempted to return to the game. As soon as I hit "play", a windows prompt appeared saying it was attempting to "configure POL and Tetra master." This seemed odd to me. I let it run, and it said "error 1604, cannot install (random but incredibly long) file." It added that i could possibly be my cd (wtf?), or connection (fine). I'm thinking it has something to do with windows installer getting messed up... but i don't know how that could have possibly happened. Any help would be appreciated

Re: Windows configuring FFXI?

Assuming nothing horrible, you may have a corrupted install.

Start by running a scan with your anti-virus and maybe a malware scan as well (spybot for instance).
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Re: Windows configuring FFXI?

That was actually the first thing i did upon discovering the problem, but it did not turn up anything unusual. I'm assuming that means that I have a corrupted install? Which leads to a full re-install?

Comment

Working...
      X