Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of Combat and Menu Sounds.

Hi,
    I have recently come back to FFXI and i have been playing fine for around a month now. But today when i logged in, i dont have any Combat or Spell casting sounds. Also there is no "clicking" sound when i scroll through the menu's.

I can't find it anywhere in options where it is showing my Sound is off. So i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this problem?
    Name: Alkisti
    Server: Cerberus
    Job: 20BRD/10WHM.

Re: Loss of Combat and Menu Sounds.

make sure todouble check this area

go to main menu, and switch over to the second list, then choose Config then Gameplay. In here there are two options for Music and sound, check to see if the bar for your sound is not all the way down, that might be the problem.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Just checked if this was the problem, and it wasn't.
      Both my music and effects bars are set to Max. But however when i turn down my music sound my music does fade, but nothing happens no matter what my effects bar is set to.
      Anyone else got an idea to throw at me?

Comment

I have had that occasionally when my ISP is being a complete arsehole and traffic shaping everyone, basically you do judder a bit when walkign or get major lagg and in that process I loose sound effects occasionally. Noramly when traffic is lighter later on it goes away

Comment

I shall keep an eye on this to see if it comes back.
          Thanks, lets hope for the best!

Comment

I lose sound randomly and it doesn't come out unless I force reboot. Now when I try force it, it gets stuck in the POL menu and I have to manually turn off my 360. Causing me to lose my recent updated macros. I don't know why it does that.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
            'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
            Dymlos
            Bahamut server
            Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

Working...
            X