Problems installing FFXI (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems installing FFXI (2)

Hi! Sorry about this doubble post, but somehow I couldn't post the first one... I
    've just got Vista so I've dowloaded the Vista version of PlayOnline Viewer, but problem is that when I try to install FFXI it doesn't detect PlayOnline and thus aborts the installation.

I've got one more question. Since it was a long time ago since I played FFXI(used PlayOnline) how do I recieve login information of some kind? Because when I try to add a new profile I get this error message UCS - 4001
    And since the only option I see is to use Add Member and then register since my prevoius profiles are gone what can I do?

Thanks in advance

Re: Problems installing FFXI (2)

Click "Settings" on the top and click "My Profile" and look to the left to click a link about your posts/threads. Sorry that I can't solve your problem.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

i have lolvista on my laptop
      to make ffxi run
      right click and run playonline as administrator
      to install ffxi, put the game disc in and go to like the file folders (i forget) and then you select each FFXI game folder and instal it seperatly and skip the playonline one
      there was a FFXI folder, RoZ, CoP, and ToAU one look it up on playonline i don't remember how they were set up
      when selecting to run each folder, right click them and also do run as administrator
      whenever you play, you gotta run as administrator

fk yes

Comment

You follow the instructions to the letter that are on the same page you downloaded the Vista PoL client from.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Ok but there's only one setup.exe in that folder.

Well...I "can't" follow the instructions since when I run Setup.exe I will get the message that FFXI haven't detected POL and the installation is aborted.

Oh and btw, when I first installed POL (the one that was the box) FFXI had no problem at all at detecting it, but neither of them would run properly. So could it be that my CDs are too old for the vista version?

Comment

You go here and follow the instructions exactly. Make sure you are using the correct CD you need to be.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
            ------
            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Ok but there's only 1 setup.exe in that folder.

Well...I "can't" follow the instructions since when I run Setup.exe I will get the message that FFXI haven't detected PlayOnline and the installation is aborted.

Oh btw when I installed the CD verion of POL, FFXI didn't have any problems detecting it, but both programs had problems running. So could it be that my CDs have some compability problems with Vista?

Comment

which CDs are you using?
                i used Vanadiel collection 07 or w/e it was like just a dvd disc

fk yes

Comment

Originally posted by Rain_Blade View Post
                  Click "Settings" on the top and click "My Profile" and look to the left to click a link about your posts/threads. Sorry that I can't solve your problem.
                  I think you misunderstood me. It's not this account I'm talking about, it's my POL one. But found out I had the information written somewhere :p

Comment

You uninstall EVERYTHING to do with FFXI, games and POL.
                    You download the vista compatible POL.
                    You install it.
                    Put in DISK 2. Run the one and only setup on that disk.
                    Put in CoP install disk. Run the one and only setup on that disk.
                    Put in ToAU install disk. Run the one and only setup on that disk.

This must all be done as a user with administrative rights to the machine. It must all be done as the same user.
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I'm using the ones with lots of CDs. 3 CDs for FFXI, 2 for Chains of Promathia and 1 for Rise of the Zilart

Comment

Read Mhurron's post above.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                        ------
                        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

[System Message: You are not allowed to post URLs as you have not yet contributed sufficiently. Please try again at a later time.]

Comment

Working...
                          X