Installation of JPv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation of JPv

Hey i just got my JP version of FFXI. i can't read jp but i still wanted it.

So i tried installing it by putting in the disc(it only came with 1 disc)
    and i install PoL (Even though the EU version of FFXI is still on)

It seems like i can just go play the game now after installing ffxi.
    After pressing (what appears to be play lol) twice i can't get into the game and get an error-030 or something.

So i thought Hey yeah i might have to delete the EU FFXI and reinstall the JP one.
    So i tried. installing PoL went smooth, but i can't install FFXI!! it gives me yet another error and my comp can't read JP lol.. I don't know what to do to make it install and work

Was wondering if any of you have had the same problem, i really wanna play my JP version of the game ;_;

Re: Installation of JPv

Why do you want to play a JP version of the game if you can't even understand Japanese? Are you that obsessed with Japanese culture?

Comment

i believe it can help me study, and i also believe it will be alot more fun using it.
      and yes i understand a little bit, but it is limited looking to change that

Comment

Uhh...I completely agree with Murphie, there's no reason for you to have gotten that without being able to read/type/understand Japanese at least slightly.

But, have you searched for guides online? Besides on these forums, such as googling Japanese FFXI set-up? Try something like that, or just play your easily understandable EU version.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

There's no better way to learn a language than immersion, and if you can't move there, an MMO is a good place to start.

Still, with no japanese knowledge, you'll have a hard time just making it through installation.

Comment

If you can't understand enough Japanese to install the game, maybe you should take a class or get some tapes or something before trying to "immerse" yourself.

Comment

I'M TELLING you it won't even let me install so that;s my problem :/

and after reading the more messy version of this forum , someone has posted something about SE made it impossible for non JP people to install it.. i dunno if it was a joke ornot :/

Comment

If you can't read Kanji I doubt you'll get much enjoyment from the game at all. Have you tried searching for the specific POL error message you are getting?

Comment

jesus all you ppl can do is critisize instead of help? usless bunch if you ask me lol.

in anycase if ppl wanna play a game they cant understand thats their choice... -.-;; ppl these days

anyways it seems the problem would be with the actuall installation... with these types of programs everything on menus just show up as question marks reguardless of weather u can read japanese or not... so for this understanding the language isnt something of concern...

maybe some of you guys shouldnt be playing the EN version of FFXI >.> sinc eu dont know the whole language :3

"Still, with no japanese knowledge, you'll have a hard time just making it through installation." thats a load :3 before i learnt JP i used to install countless jp AND chinese things... reguardless... everything is fairly simple and usually easily set out for the user to understand. ^^

IMO i'd say dont post here unless you actually going to help >.> waste of time.... anyways good luck with you JP version of FFXI and i hope you get help with it soon ^^

Comment

Thanks for lecturing us on what terrible people we all are, but keep in mind that your observations are just as unasked for as ours are.

If someone wants to learn a language, there are much better ways to do it, is all I'm saying. The fact that he can't figure it out shows that he doesn't know enough Japanese to render the JP client of much use to him for learning purposes.

For someone a bit more advanced in their understanding of the language, I could certainly see the use.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                      Thanks for lecturing us on what terrible people we all are, but keep in mind that your observations are just as unasked for as ours are.
                      But yours are completely uncalled for and don't help or brighten the situation.

Anyways, on to helping the fellow with his problem. I'm not sure what exactly your problem is during installation, so I'll try to help as best as I can. Are you getting an error before you try to install? Like, a loading screen will pop up then, boom, "ERROR?" If so, you may need to change your computer's regional settings to "Japanese."

I know with the Rise of Zilart expansion, SE region encoded the game on install. If your PC wasn't set to Japanese regional settings, the install would fail.

I hope this helps some.
                      sigpic

Comment

You already have EU account right? Technicly, you can NOT install another FFXI.
                        You can install 2 POLs. But when trying to install a second FFXI, it will tell you you already have FFXI installed. (it's seeing your EU version.)

I'd guess the error you get, is an error saying you don't have FFXI. But take screenshot of the error you got and show me so we won't have to guess.

And seriously, getting good japanese teaching book will teach you way better than FFXI. I learnt a lot of Japanese from FFXI, yes. But they are just internet languages. Can't even use them in real life. A real book or class will do you better.
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
                          And seriously, getting good japanese teaching book will teach you way better than FFXI. I learnt a lot of Japanese from FFXI, yes. But they are just internet languages. Can't even use them in real life. A real book or class will do you better.
                          Haha, I agree. It took me forever to figure out "ariri" and things of the like was actually short for "arigatou." x.x FFXI is more like a final step, or middle ground, once you have a decent knowledge in Japanese.

As for your install suggestion, Jei, I didn't even think of that. xD
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
                            But yours are completely uncalled for and don't help or brighten the situation.
                            Nor did hers, which amounted to "Stop being so mean!"

My suggestions of giving up and trying to find another way to learn japanese seemed pretty reasonable and far less frustrating to the OP than anything else I've seen.

Comment

I wanted the JP client just to have access to the JP button.

I think, as stated, the problem is that you already have FFXI installed on the computer. I have my JP client software installed on a seperate computer from the NA version, so that is probably the source of your troubles.

I don't know a bit of Japanese, so I'll avoid "what way to learn is best" discussion. I havn't picked up any Japanese either, so not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I just wanted to make cute JP faces. <.<

Comment

Working...
                              X