Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing something wrong, or need a new gamepad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing something wrong, or need a new gamepad?

Howdy all.

Back when I played FFXI some years ago, I played with a Nyko Airflo PC gamepad (original, not Airflo EX that seems to have come out since). Was really nice and comfortable, fit my hand just great. I thought the fan was silly at first, but grew to like it.

Well, now that I'm attempting to come back, I'm trying to use the same controller and FFXI doesn't seem to recognize it. I ran the FFXI config, enabled the gamepad and attempted to assign buttons and such. However, when I attempt to set movement/menu/camera controls or test the gamepad in the config, it's not recognized. I jumped in the game just on the off chance it would work, and it didn't. I have "Enable Gamepad" checked, along with both slider and hat switched enabled. Not sure if I should be seeing "Enable Airflo" if it's recognized correctly or just the generic "gamepad". As a side note, the gamepad responds fine to testing via windows control panel.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is it time for a new gamepad? No way I will play this game with keyboard and mouse.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Doing something wrong, or need a new gamepad?

Are you playing on a different PC? And do other programs that can use the gamepad recognize it? It could be that you don't have drivers installed/not functional.
    MisterCookie: Alla refugee since May 2006

MisterCookie: Writing poor signatures since January 1999

http://www.songbirdnest.com - OSS Media Player

Comment

Indeed, I've rebuilt my PC a few times since long ago. I went out and bought some crummy logitech dual-action gamepad, and the game works fine with it, so I'm assuming it's a driver issue. I'd love to be able to use my Nyko again (logitech one is not comfortable), but I can't seem to find any drivers for it anywhere.

Suppose I could dump a little money on the Airflo EX on newegg if I really wanted to, though there's no guarantee it'll work with FFXI.

Comment

Where all have you looked for drivers? It might help to download some generic gamepad drivers instead of specific, or try to use auto-download or such.

Comment

On the topic of using a gamepad, I cannot for the lifeof me find the way to map the zoom functions to the controller. Am I just missing something or is it simply not an option?

Comment

Working...
          X