Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does 360 version look better than high res PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does 360 version look better than high res PC?

Hey I was just wondering if The 360 version of the game looks better than the PC version in high resolution. I was just wondering what registry settings would make it look comparable at least. I am starting to think I should have gone with the 360 version. Oh well

Re: Does 360 version look better than high res PC?

I play the game on my PC at 1600x1200. There's no way a 360 can touch that. FFXI on the Xbox360 runs at 720p HDTV resolution (1280x720).

Icemage

Comment

This is an older game, it can only look so good no matter what you are using to play it. I am more than pleased with the way it looks on the 360, and playing it on a 42" HDTV with surround sound makes it a step above the PC....IMO of course

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
      DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
      BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
      Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

Ok let me put this to rest, I have the PS2, PC and 360 versions (Don't ask why).

But anyways, the gamd obviously looks the worst on the PS2, the best looking version in the PC version. Its hard to fully describe why, but mainly the increased resolution make it look a lot cleaner. I really noticed it alot with the trees which look significantly better on PC then 360.

Also I am not bias, this is coming from a hardcore Xbox360 player (me), The 360 version still has its advantages (voice chat, achievements etc.) But the PC version does look better.

FFXI: Shadowffvi | Server: Sylph | 25THF/10WAR | Rank 2

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowffvi View Post
          The 360 version still has its advantages (voice chat, achievements etc.)
          But more importantly to be able to sit in a recliner and kick back and not at a computer desk. Working at a PC for 8 hours a day, last thing I want to do when I get home is fire up my PC

Although I do anyway, so I can stream the songs from my hard drive to my 360 and over the surround sound

Not saying the 360 looks better in any way, I've only seen it on the 360. Just being able to relax and be comfortable makes it more beneficial for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambeaus View Post
            But more importantly to be able to sit in a recliner and kick back and not at a computer desk. Working at a PC for 8 hours a day, last thing I want to do when I get home is fire up my PC

Although I do anyway, so I can stream the songs from my hard drive to my 360 and over the surround sound

Not saying the 360 looks better in any way, I've only seen it on the 360. Just being able to relax and be comfortable makes it more beneficial for me.
            I use PC and PS2 and PS3 and i use wireless controlers and on all platforms. I use a wireless controller and keyboard on my PC its the greatest. If anyone is used to the PS2 or 360 and would like to play on the PC i sugest getting those 2.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Xbox 360 question: What type of wireless keyboards are you guys using? I bought a cheap wired usb keyboard and some of the arrow keys and number pad keys didn't work at all. I would love to play it on my roommate's HDTV with surround sound. I don't really care if it looks any better, I just want to sit on the couch lol.
              Thanks Kazuki.
              Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
                Xbox 360 question: What type of wireless keyboards are you guys using? I bought a cheap wired usb keyboard and some of the arrow keys and number pad keys didn't work at all. I would love to play it on my roommate's HDTV with surround sound. I don't really care if it looks any better, I just want to sit on the couch lol.
                It is really hit or miss with wireless. I've had friends try different kinds, and really there isn't any way of knowing. At least none of us could find any info on it.

I ended up playing it safe and getting a plain ten dollar USB keyboard from walmart, and buying a 10' extension cable..

Comment

I hate wireless devices for the following reasons:

1) They have batteries--even rechargable ones are a pain.
                  2) Their connection can be "interrupted".
                  3) Ergonomics is really bad if you have the keyboard in your lap and the mouse on your coffee table--you're much more likely to get Carpal Tunnel from "abusing" the wireless feature. If your keyboard is on a flat surface of appropriate height (e.g. an articulating keyboard tray) you won't hurt your wrists. Typing in your lap is bad for accuracy, speed, and ergonomics.
                  4) They're expensive and they break just as easily and as often as corded.

The biggest thing I notice regarding graphics is that when you have resolution down, everything looks the same, but when you summon an avatar in high-res, you'll notice that he becomes "pixelly"... I think this is the PS2's fault for being ancient.

Comment

Working...
                  X