Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xbox 360 screenshots? Shouldn't it be better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xbox 360 screenshots? Shouldn't it be better?

http://www.dvdgameonline.com/forums/...3&#entry200913

The OP said the screens are from Xbox 360. They don't look any different from PC so far.
    Will the game look better if run on HDTV? I don't know what the OP use but probably normal TV.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Re: xbox 360 screenshots? Shouldn't it be better?

mmm.. They look worse than in my computer

I thought that ffxi would look a lot better in xbox 360.
    I'm back! Sanim restored!

Comment

I thought that enhanced/updated graphics for Xbox360 was dispelled already? That they wre going to be using the same thing as they have been? Are they supposed to be updating FFXI Graphically?

Comment

I don't give a rats ass as long as they're crisper than the PS2's graphics. >_<
        Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
        90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

the page error out for me -.- but I ca say this, the Xbox360 looks almost the same as an X-box on a normal TV, and I have FFXI running on my PC with a HD DLP TV hooked up to it and it looks like this...... (running in 1200x676 background 2400x1352)

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/8...03334438xr.png
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

that's really smooth Kailea :O how did you get the anti aliasing?
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

How can you compare FFXI on the 360 to FFXI on 1st gen X-box on a normal tv when it doesn't exist for 1st gen X-box. Interesting concept. FFXI on the 360 looks infinitely better than the PS2 version but has nearly the same graphics as the PC version. There was never anything said officially that the graphics would be amazingly better than the PC anyways. Basically just a draw distance enhancement and thats about it.

Of course, if your playing FFXI on a minumum requirement PC with the lowest settings, then the 360 version does look better. It's about equal to a mid range PC. A top end PC would probably look a bit smoother than the 360 version. And lets not forget that there are tweaks for PC version via windower that can also smooth out the look of the game and enhance draw distance. But for the average PC user, which most people are, and with no "enhancements", the PC and 360 version are fairly close graphically and its a huge improvement over the PS2.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

From the trailers i've seen, these look pretty fake. Still pretty though. :p
                http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                  that's really smooth Kailea :O how did you get the anti aliasing?
                  yeah I have my settings tweaked on my graphics card, no matter what game I play I have x8 anti aliasing and x8 filtering along with some other things :p that pic though is not set at my max settings hehe, its all in my cards settings. Here it is with it maxed..........
                  http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2...42347430ax.png

oh and TheGrandMom, what I ment about the "looks smae" comment was that the graphics in general on the 360 look the same as the original X-box, on a normal TV hooked up with S-video or composit
                  Last edited by Kailea; 04-09-2006, 11:26 AM.

Comment

As a few of you have said, the Xbox 360 version looks only slightly better than the average gaming PC running FFXI. Aside from somewhat noticeably brighter and more vibrant color, it's basically an easier way to get the game running properly on a high definition TV.

In the end, it's not like it matters. The Xbox 360 version of the game was made so that the game could be available to an even wider audience (and so Microsoft could brag that they have support of the Final Fantasy franchise), not to update the graphics.
                    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                    Currently Playing:
                    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master

In the end, it's not like it matters. The Xbox 360 version of the game was made so that the game could be available to an even wider audience (and so Microsoft could brag that they have support of the Final Fantasy franchise), not to update the graphics.
                      You know when they say "the truth hurts"? It does...... /sigh
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The constant irony of FFXI. It should never have been released on a console because it hinders game development massively, however, if it hadn't been released on the PS2 it probably wouldn't have made it past the second year.

Comment

They might be just sample images, not actual Xbox360 screenshots. And on the end, it's still worth it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...081996-3303152
                          http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

those are screens of it on the 360, but the reason they look like that is because of the HD, and widescreen that those pics where taken in.

Comment

Yeah, really the only improvements graphically that the game should have on the XBox 360 would be improvements derived directly from having a better graphics card in it. The graphics card is suppose to be among the top line so it should improve things like say the mipmapping, aliasing, and TnL. Though being like far superior to PC not likely, especially considering that even if the graphics card isn't top of the line as long as you have a powerful CPU to assist it then some of it's poor givings can be covered somewhat.

To also to that if you seriously look at the XBox 360 and really contemplate it's design it's no better then a top of the line PC. It can only boast faster performance then any home PC because it's using a Tri-Processor instead of Bi-Processor design. Which litterally equates to maybe only a 20% performance boost over a Bi-Processor and only like what a 45% performance boost over a single Processor (Not very much considering that a Bi-Processor is 40% performance boost).

In all essence the XBox 360 is like a half-step to the next generation technology.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Working...
                              X