This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox360 Settings

Is there any way to change the FFXI resolutions on Xbox360? Because, the chatwindow for example is as big as half of the screen.. It's like playing FFXI on PC with 640x480, or something that low.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Re: Xbox360 Settings

Buy a bigger tv?

above image has not been photoshopped
    yes I have no life, yes those are my jobs
    reason blu/cor/pup aren't lvled is... well... I have a girlfriend now

Comment

No, seriously. When I run FFXI on TV from my PC, using the TV as second monitor, I get nice graphics with 1024x768.. so why wouldn't I be able to do that having it running with Xbox 360 ?

Comment

Don't you need to go into the system settings and change the maximum resolution for the console? I remember something like this but I'm unable to access my 360 right now to check it. This will change the resolution for ALL of your games though.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I've been looking, I saw at Console Settings only for HD-TV.. I have a regular, not too small TV. But it still must be possible to change definitons... how can anyone be excepted to play like this? If i /check someone, his/her equipment screen goes over my chatlog lol. -.-
          All other games work fine.

Double Post Edited:
          I don't know what Brand TV it is and stuff.. but like, Halo2 and other stuff works fine on it on 360, the screen is about this big:

I know people with smaller TV's... is suddenly a HD-TV required for it? I'm kinda dissappointed, I can't afford a bigger/better TV either.

Double Post Edited:
          I think, they just ported this to Xbox without making any further changes or even worrying about it.. They forgot to port the FFXI Config menu xD. Damn I'm angry. My second and last game for xbox 360 .. Too expensive lol. Guess i'll sell it or something ~.~
          Last edited by Kittyneko; 05-15-2006, 12:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Meh, wish I could check my 360. As far as a smaller tv, I don't know. I've never set mine up on anything but my 61" hdtv which doesn't have the issue you're talking about. But you bring up an interesting point, now I want to try it out on a regular tv and see this.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GaugeChambers
              Buy a bigger tv?
              TV size doesn't matter, it'll still take up "half" the screen.

I also have FFXI on PS2, and as far as I know, you can't change the resolution on that. 360 might be different though, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer
                TV size doesn't matter, it'll still take up "half" the screen.

I also have FFXI on PS2, and as far as I know, you can't change the resolution on that. 360 might be different though, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
                Jeez I wish someone would've told me that. That's a week dinner every day >.>

Comment

heh... sorry. I could be wrong though, as I don't own and don't care to own a 360.

Comment

Its the normal behaviour when playing on a normal TV the resolution is set to NTSC 720x480 so yeah its big. You can go in your config in FFXI and set the max number of line to show.

Comment

To my knowledge, the 360 will only display NTSC (640x480) on old-school TVs. 720p is only supported on HD sets. In other words, afaik, even if you manually set "720p" as your resolution in the Xguide, it will auto-adapt to 640x480 on a regular TV.

Comment

You must have a HDTV to increase resolution to 780p. I run it at 780p and it does NOT take up half the screen. More like a third, give or take some. The main reason for not having higher resolution on a standard TV, is everything would look like garbage because the pixels aren't as small and you'd end up with the same effect you get when you see small stripes flashing on a TV (sorry for the crappy example, but if you have PS2 and Kingdom Hearts II, check out Jack Skellington and you'll know what I'm talking about). In the text, T might look like an I, and a B might look like an E. Look up HDTV on google for more information about resolutions.
                        Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                        Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                        Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                        Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                        Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetkitty
                          I've been looking, I saw at Console Settings only for HD-TV.. I have a regular, not too small TV. But it still must be possible to change definitons... how can anyone be excepted to play like this? If i /check someone, his/her equipment screen goes over my chatlog lol. -.-
                          All other games work fine.

Double Post Edited:
                          I don't know what Brand TV it is and stuff.. but like, Halo2 and other stuff works fine on it on 360, the screen is about this big:

I know people with smaller TV's... is suddenly a HD-TV required for it? I'm kinda dissappointed, I can't afford a bigger/better TV either.

Double Post Edited:
                          I think, they just ported this to Xbox without making any further changes or even worrying about it.. They forgot to port the FFXI Config menu xD. Damn I'm angry. My second and last game for xbox 360 .. Too expensive lol. Guess i'll sell it or something ~.~
                          All consoles max out at 640x480 for NTSC display. Higher resolution isn't supported on regular NTSC TVs. You must have an HD-TV and component cables, or a VGA cable for your console to plug into a monitor, in order to use higher resolutions. Xbox 360 has native VGA support, so if you buy the VGA cable for it, you can play on your monitor and have the menus be smaller...

A bigger TV doesn't mean higher resolution, it just means that the individual pixels become bigger, making the image bigger by scaling it up in size without improving resolution.
                          http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
                          http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                          http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
                          My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

Working...
                          X