Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 2003 SP1 - Direct X problems!! - How do i uninstall Direct X?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 SP1 - Direct X problems!! - How do i uninstall Direct X?

I have Windows server 2003 SP1, ive just bought FFXI and installed all the CDs, PlayOnline, FFXI CDs and the 2 expansions. Then when i try to load FFXI or playonline, it says Error : Direct X 8.1 or higher required. Although i have DirectX 9.0c on my computer.

I read in another thread... :

Ah, I just figured out what it is and posted on a sticky thread.

In any case, you must uninstall DirectX 9.0c that comes with SP1. It breaks A LOT of things. Premiere stopped working, POL stopped working, etc.

I had to force a manual downgrade, it was not pretty, but I got it to work.

But i have no idea how to un install the DirectX 9.0c that comes with SP1.

If anyone can help PLEASE reply!

Thanks,

~Draemus

---Got it all fixed now!--
    Last edited by Draemus; 09-04-2005, 06:05 AM.

Re: Windows 2003 SP1 - Direct X problems!! - How do i uninstall Direct X?

what video card u running ? and for sever 2003 it's a security o/s and thus by default alot of things are turned off and i had a fun time getting somethings going . the direct x you have in there is fine. its prob something thats shut off by default. sometimes the sound is shut off. lol i say go to the admin functions and see what is off by default and go from there. i'll build a box and load it up with server 2003 and get it going and post a guide. but my current project is getting it going on linux.ty for ur time,
    Pelegrin

Comment

Re: Windows 2003 SP1 - Direct X problems!! - How do i uninstall Direct X?

There is a program(s) to uninstall dx.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...adicator.shtml
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
      X