Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horrible Graphic Bug... Can anyone Help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Graphic Bug... Can anyone Help?

Has anyone ever seen this graphic bug before :/? I have no idea how to get rid of it =(

I've got a fast System with a Geforce4 TI4600(I think thats the name.)
    My Game is ok for the most part... but after a while I'll get the glitch, and I'll need to zone or logout and log right back in to reset it. I've upgraded all drivers, used old drivers, and have all the recent updates... The problem seems to have gotten worse since when I first got it =(. Anyone ever seen this before? Or have an idea on how to fix it?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kirschy; 07-08-2005, 06:46 PM.

Re: Horrible Graphic Bug... Can anyone Help?

Might be from overheating. Try buying a better fan for your gfx card, before doing that tho try taking it out of mobo and making sure its seated good

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
    SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

I have to agree with the intensity.

The Geforce 4 Ti series run extremely hot and that kind of artifacting looks like it's from an overclocking session gone bad or overheating.

Comment

I had the same problem when I ran a Ti4200, I believe my problem was overheating + bad drivers.

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

If Practice Makes Perfect, And Nobody Is Perfect, Then Why Practice?

Comment

I had the same trouble while I was experimenting with how far I could overclock my GeForce 5600. When the memory got too hot, I would experience the same trouble.

If your drivers already allow you to over/under clock, just dial the speeds down some till it goes away.

If not, search for the Coolbits hack from Google. That enables the hidden overclock controls in the nVidia driver set.
          http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?27145
          Arcanum Linkshell of Leviathan
          66 THF :: 52 NIN :: 27 WAR :: 18 SAM :: 8 PLD :: 4 WHM

Comment

Same thing happened to my ATI 9500 i just gave it a good clean and a new fan as it was overheating.

Comment

I've seen that happen on more then just the GeForce graphics cards, I've had it happen on Radeon's too. The basic reason are pretty much what's been said.

Either your graphics card is overheating, have incompatible drivers, or what solved the problem on some Radeon's was to reduce the Graphics Acceleration setting in the drivers.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Mine experienced some of the same issues, but the ATI 9600 I havedidn't have a fan, just a heatsink, so what I did was grabbed a standard fan from one of my older graphics cards and literally screwed it on INTO the heatsink (its just metal). It's worked great, but looks really funny when you take it out, since it's on sorta crooked.

Comment

Working...
                X