Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Will there be any more forms of transportation added?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be any more forms of transportation added?

I know there are Chocobo's and warps(both outpost and craig) for getting around quickly, but i am wondering if there will ever be a "shuttle" service which runs from city to city and also makes stops in each of the zones? When u get Rank 5, u could be allowed access to this train(or have to pay say 100k for a pass). Even better-there could be raids on the train that could both take gill/items or also give items/gill depending on some things(SE could work that part of it out). I say this because even with chocobos and warps, it still seems to take too long to get to zones. Im suggesting this because it seems like any time i try to do a mission or quest it takes me 3x longer than it could take(due to foot/chocobo travel)
    u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Re: Will there be any more forms of transportation added?

Originally posted by DR2D2 View Post
    warps(both outpost and craig)
    Damn you Craig! You never warp me!!!

Seriously we've already got Airships to take us between the starter cities and Jeuno so I don't really see a need for another transport method in these areas. The only thing I would like to see is a Jeuno tele-taru that dumps you somewhere near Whitegate. Yeah I know we have Olduum rings but 20 hours is a long time to wait between uses.

Comment

This is a joke right?
      Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
      Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
      Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
      Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
      Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Only if its Doomtrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
          This is a joke right?
          no joke. Im wondering because it seems like lately all of the missions and quests are taking 6-9hrs. An example is when I did my quest to unlock SMN:me and 3 others started the mission at 5:00pm. By the time we finished the mission it was 12:30am. The dragon fight took 1min and 40 sec.(so that wasn't the reason it took so long). The main reason why it took so long was because we had to chocobo from the Craigs to the spots we needed to goto. While I realize that part of the game is getting to the locations needed, I also dont think it should take 30 min just to get to a spot either(espically if u are in the middle of a mission or quest). Maybe a compromise could be to offer the use of a "shuttle service" if u are doing a mission(it can only be used to get to locations needed for the mission and u can only use it to get to the location-not back to the city). I just feel that the travel time is making it difficult to do any of the quests/missions in a reasonable time frame(should not take more than 30min total for travel time)

Comment

no, this is not a joke--just getting upset at how long quests and missions are taking to complete(seems like 80% of the time it takes to complete a mission/quest is due to travel). Im not saying there shouldn't be any time associated with travel, but how about making it a little more able to complete missions/quests without having to spend 6-12hrs on them(thats all im asking for). A compromise could be that for each mission(at least) u get use of a "shuttle system" to get to the locations for that mission only(and it will not return u to the city) I know this probably wont be used in any updates, but I feel if a "shuttle system" were in use, more people would play FFxi(as u take out alot of the time constraints which turn people away from these types of games(ffxi, wow, ect....)

Comment

sorry-i double posted-my bad--sorry again(they kind of go together-lol)

Comment

Any time you have a train/shuttle/ship that goes along a route, it has to stop a reasonable amount of time at each stop for players to board. It would have to be at least a minute or two. And if you're going to have "raids" on the train, there would have to be significant transit time aboard the train between the stops. Why do you think the boat ride between Mhaura and Selbina takes so long? If it was a short ride, you could never fit in a pirate attack or take down Sea Horror.

Say there was a train between San d'Oria and Windurst. It has to cross 8 zones. If it had to stop at each zone for a couple of minutes, and included some transit time in between each stop, would it actually be any faster than the existing methods of travel? Don't forget to add in how long you might end up waiting if you arrive at the station just as the train was leaving San d'Oria / Windurst. If you were trying to take it just from zone-to-zone, you might have to wait a while for a train that's heading in the right direction.

Make up some reasonable numbers and do the math. I think you'll see that Teleports + Chocobos still end up being as fast, if not faster.

PS. the SMN flag quest just takes a long time. Period. Shuttles won't make it faster, since you have to wait around for weather conditions anyway.
                Lyonheart
                lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

What i am proposing is not an unlimited use train(such as the ferrys and airships) but rather a sort of express(1-way) type traine(maybe similar to the BC warps(where only the members of the party can get into the circle). Im not saying have a train for say regular travel byt rather to help streamline the time it takes to do the missions somewhat. Im looking for a way to do the missions in a time frame that doesn't require me to devote a whole evening for just 1 mission. Other than travel time in missions, I don't have a problem with the travel time-just with the missions it seems like more time is spent on getting to the location than is actually spent doing what is required for the mission

Comment

Im at work and sometimes get things merged together-up top i was reffering to the DRG quest(the 1 where u start in Sandy, then go accross the world to the maze of s.,then goto the dragon's spine in Sarg. champ, then go back accross the world to Sandy, and then goto Ghelsba). As u can see, if there were a shuttle train, this quest would take 1/3 the time(the longest part would(and should be) finding the spot to dig for the egg). As i said I started at 5:00pm, and almost ran out of time(I had to be to work at 9:00am and wanted to turn in by 2:00am).

Comment

I'm fine with it the way it is. The only thing I could really ask for is Bastok's OP warp actually being next to bastok, and a warp taru in jeuno that warps you to whitegate.

The travel required to do these things is why I loke FFXI so much. Ok, I'll admit, the Promyvions where going a little to far, but dungeon crawling missions is part of the difficulty of the mission. Personally, I would just think it would be boring if, say on Khimera 13 for ToAU, you immediately get warped to the BC, kill the thing, then have a BLM D2 you back. Certainly it would make it easier, and less deaths from stuff like Wamouras, but it is not that bad. Mabye if you visited the area before you could use a special item or pay gil to warp to the destination, but your first time there you'd better walk(of tele/choco/w/e)
                      Originally posted by Ellipses
                      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                      Originally posted by MCLV
                      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                      More Sig:

Comment

I was thinking the shuttle could be like the staging area warps(where u warp to the staging area and do the mission form there). I realize there are advantages to not having a shuttle system the same way u have the ferrys and airships(leveling up, and farming are 2 examples), but having an "optional" shuttle system ,to at least get to the zone for the mission, would allow people with limited time to still be able to do the missions. Once a player reaches rank 5, the other missions should have an option of warping to the zone(as long as u are a certain level(kind of like the outpost warps)), but u should only be able to shuttle to the zone line(and no return shuttle). Im saying there should be a limited optional shuttle service for missions only(remember the missions are involved enough without the travel time). The only other option would be to allow tempory use of the in-game maps for the mission that a player is currently on(or have the location show up as a marker on the "key item maps"). I know this shounds like I want to make the game easier, but what I want is to make the travel less time consuming when doing a mission or quest.

Comment

[quote=Onionsoilder;667177]
                          but dungeon crawling missions is part of the difficulty of the mission.

This shuttle would still require u to get through the dungeon(it would get u to the zone line only). Also, the shuttle would not get u back(it would only be a 1-way shuttle)it would only by-pass getting from the starting city to the dungeon zone

Comment

I'm not convinced your proposed "shuttle" idea is good. At all. So far the only argument you've had for it is that you like to try and do missions when you know you have limited time.

I agree with the others. Airship, OP warps, Crags, chocobo.... At the most, your gonna have a 10-15 minute ride/run to any place you're gonna need to be going. If that 10-15 minutes really is TOO long for you, I'd advise a new MMO.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                            ------
                            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
                              . At all. So far the only argument you've had for it is that you like to try and do missions when you know you have limited time.

I guess im upset at the fact that it seemes like doing the missions and quests is all about getting there instead of actually doing the mission. I agree some of the mission should involve having to travel, but why do missions have to be 80-90% travel and only about 10% actual mission activity? I guess I should have asked if any of the future missions realised will have the same travel involvment as the current missions seem to have. I apologize for the mix-up.

Comment

Working...
                              X