Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Auto-Sort can it really be automatic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Auto-Sort can it really be automatic?

Originally posted by Raydeus
    Hmm, has SE said anything about botting at the computer being legal?
    Just to second your point Raydeus, under section 3.1 "Prohibited Activities." the last item is "(g) Use of any cheat codes or cheat devices."

Which is a nicely ambiguous definition that can be used to describe anything that SE might now or later consider to be unauthorized software.

Also in the Member agreement, section 4.2 "Restrictions" it says:

Member Agreement
    Article 4: Ownership, Rights, and Restrictions
    4.2 Restrictions.
    To the maximum extent permitted by law, you may not:
    (a) Modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software;
    The use of third party applications that changes the how game is played is considered modification (or so says the SE representative I just got off the phone with)
    Last edited by Gentoo; 08-17-2006, 12:15 PM.

signature by fallenintoshadows

Comment

Originally posted by Gentoo
      Just to second your point Raydeus, under section 3.1 "Prohibited Activities." the last item is "(g) Use of any cheat codes or cheat devices."

Which is a nicely ambiguous definition that can be used to describe anything that SE might now or later consider to be unauthorized software.

Also in the Member agreement, section 4.2 "Restrictions" it says:

The use of third party applications that changes the how game is played is considered modification (or so says the SE representative I just got off the phone with)
      A bot, a.k.a. a script/macro used to automate certain activites, does not change the game in any shape, form, or fashion. It mearly presses keystrokes for you. Which, if you are at the keyboard, is not illegal under the current ToS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire
        A bot, a.k.a. a script/macro used to automate certain activites, does not change the game in any shape, form, or fashion. It mearly presses keystrokes for you. Which, if you are at the keyboard, is not illegal under the current ToS.
        Yeah. SE says differently. No offense, but I'm taking their word over yours.

signature by fallenintoshadows

Comment

Originally posted by Gentoo
          Yeah. SE says differently. No offense, but I'm taking their word over yours.
          Give me about 3 hours I'll go home and read the ToS and show you the line where it says you can use scripting programs as long as you are at the keyboard.

Comment

one thing that auto-stacks is aht urgan currency, they could do this with mobs too :3
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

You can read all the rules and policies here https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index03.html. I read all of them (except the Tetra Master ones) and I couldn't find anything at all about third party software, for or against.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire
                You can read all the rules and policies here https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index03.html. I read all of them (except the Tetra Master ones) and I couldn't find anything at all about third party software, for or against.
                Are you trying to argue that SE doesn't have a policy regarding 3rd party programs?

Comment

No, I was trying to argue that SE had a policy that allowed 3rd party software if you were at keyboard, but I can't find anything for or against it

Comment

POL rules of conduct, page 2 (taken from POL viewer):

- Using third party equipment and/or programs for controlling in-game characters without being physically infront of the game terminal (i.e. using bots)

Checkmate, Ael!

Comment

I'm not sure I understand, Feba. I was just asking what he was trying to say. The post that I quoted was merely referencing third party programs in general. There wasn't any indication as to whether the individual was at the keyboard or not. Hence why I asked.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand Feba.
                        Same here :/

Comment

Items that stack should automatically stack when obtained. Period.

--
                          Kutch, the white mage
                          Stratsky, the Thief
                          Dust, the Red Mage
                          Leviathan server

Comment

Working...
                          X