Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Auto-Sort can it really be automatic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Sort can it really be automatic?

My question is, would it be possible to make Auto-Sort for your items truely Automatic?

It would be truely helpful to not have to stop every few minutes to sort your bags with Auto, when it could actually be Auto to begin with. And it's also heart-breaking when an item drops that you currently have already, and stacks. But you can't get it because your bags are "full" yet if you had the option it would stack and the slot would be empty again anyway.

So would it be possible to allow Auto-Sort to sort items as they come in, instead of having to manually, do it?

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: Auto-Sort can it really be automatic?

Boy would I kill to have auto-sort. I have no idea why SE doesn't implement it.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I was thinking the same thing no more than 2 days ago... I wonder why they don't have it, I mean if they give you the option to sort them... Besides you have stackable items in your inventory and you find a like item.. why wouldn't you wnt to keep a hold of it rather than lose it??

Comment

{Yes, please.}

Comment

Support +1

I can't tell you how many Beastmen seals and crystals I've lost because the rabbits and sheep decided to shed all their hides, and ... teeth... and other icky things at once.
          Wevrain - Shiva

Comment

If I might be allowed to jump on the bandwagon?

When I first started playing this game, I thought that "Auto-sort" was persistently automatic. This is one of those nits that has vexed me for -- ever.

signature by fallenintoshadows

Comment

I like this idea alot. However, I think I have found the reason why auto-sort dosn't auto-sort, Fishbots/Craftingbots. However, we're due for a change. Bots have become so advanced that they litterally sort themselves up to any imput you set, e.x. "Sort after <Enter number here> fish." Making it so that Auto-Sort DOES auto-sort, kinda like the Imperial Metal Pieces, would be really nice. Of corse, it would have to be a manual turn-on, because sometimes it is useful to seperate stacks.
              Originally posted by Ellipses
              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
              Originally posted by MCLV
              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
              More Sig:

Comment

There are activities that already have autostack. Can't remember which, but I do remember doing something and not needing to do the stacking by using auto-sort. Maybe that feature could be included ni other activities.
                On the other hand, Needing sort for keeping inventory clean does make it a little harder to create bots for things that fill up inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder
                  I like this idea alot. However, I think I have found the reason why auto-sort dosn't auto-sort, Fishbots/Craftingbots. However, we're due for a change. Bots have become so advanced that they litterally sort themselves up to any imput you set, e.x. "Sort after <Enter number here> fish." Making it so that Auto-Sort DOES auto-sort, kinda like the Imperial Metal Pieces, would be really nice. Of corse, it would have to be a manual turn-on, because sometimes it is useful to seperate stacks.
                  Actually, any kind of bot prorgram is legal, if you are at your computer while using it. But you're right, any fishbot/craftbot that doesn't sort it'self isn't worth the time it took to code it.

Double Post Edited:
                  Something else that always bothered me "One can hold 60 full size beds, yet can not stack two glasses of juice." Wtf?
                  Last edited by Zamphire; 08-17-2006, 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I really wish they would introduce this. I don't want to think of how many items I've lost due to single crystals clogging up my inventory space instead of auto-sorting into stacks.

This would also hopefully sort the other pain of ninja tool stacks. Why isn't there a simple comparison feature that means you only work from the tool stack with the least in. Its annoying to find you miss out on an item because your stack of shihei hits 4 then starts on the next stack instead of finishing it off.

Comment

Auto-sort already functions in the game at certain times. The limitations of why it is not implemented so players can activate/deactivate it at all times is really a question to be answered.

When choco digging, your stackable dig items auto-stack for you.

Comment

About a fully outomoatic Auto-sort it would be a nice thing to have, sorting while farming crafting materials can be a pain after a while.

Originally posted by Zamphire
                        Actually, any kind of bot prorgram is legal, if you are at your computer while using it.
                        They aren't, even if you quote that technicality about not being AFK they are still third party programs and those are against the TOS no matter how you look at it.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus
                          About a fully outomoatic Auto-sort it would be a nice thing to have, sorting while farming crafting materials can be a pain after a while.

Originally posted by Zamphire
                          Actually, any kind of bot prorgram is legal, if you are at your computer while using it.

They aren't, even if you quote that technicality about not being AFK they are still third party programs and those are against the TOS no matter how you look at it.
                          No, actually. Programs that modify the game's profomance(Such as speedhacks, etc.) are against the ToS. Just regular old bots don't fall into this category, they fall into "Unattened Macroing". Attended Macroing, or botting at the computer, is 100% within the ToS
                          Originally posted by Ellipses
                          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                          Originally posted by MCLV
                          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                          More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder
                            No, actually. Programs that modify the game's profomance(Such as speedhacks, etc.) are against the ToS. Just regular old bots don't fall into this category, they fall into "Unattened Macroing". Attended Macroing, or botting at the computer, is 100% within the ToS
                            Hmm, has SE said anything about botting at the computer being legal?

If not that would be a good question to ask, because if that's the case I don't see why we don't have a bot-tutorial on this site (or do we? o.O). It could be interesting learning how to make bots if they are supported by SE.
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

It's actually in the ToS if you ready through it, I would, but I dont have access to it here at work.

Comment

Working...
                              X