Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Adding option for 60 F.P.S. mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding option for 60 F.P.S. mode?

Question: Would it be possible to add a 60-frames-per-second mode to Final Fantasy to the platforms that could handle such a mode, in order to better show the beauty of the animations?

I believe the game's timing is somehow tied to the F.P.S. being capped , but I thought I'd ask anyway, since it really would make the game more pretty, in my opinion. Definitely should have a toggle switch though, for besieged and dynamis...`
    Wevrain - Shiva

Re: Adding option for 60 F.P.S. mode?

you are right the game is timed on teh FPS being capped, sp it can not be raised form 30 to 60
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

The won't change the limit to 60 fps. Sorry to give you the bad news. The reason why it's set so low is that it doesn't give certain people an advantage over other people. Moreso, the less the fps limit is, the more likely you'll be on par with the other people you're playing with.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

any experiences i've heard at raising their fps.... it speedhacks the game and you get in trouble

Comment

You'd think somewhere they could just go:

FPS = 60
          Speed = Speed x 0.5

and they could even it out :/
          Wevrain - Shiva

Comment

Engine is mess up like that. there are many things synced with the fps that timing get's completely screwed.

So it's not very cost effective.

I much rather they try to fix gpu driver issues, or more effects for windows etc.

Comment

if you'd like a little bit of criticism, it's not the fps cap at 30 that is making FF seem choppy, it's the dips from 30 down and up.

going from 30 and maintaining it to 60 and maintaining it you'd see a very tiny difference.

the problem with FF is maintaining a rocksteady 30fps

(also a problem noted in eq2 which is capped at 60, you can be easily annoyed by it dipping down to 40 ... and again it's not the 60 or the 40 that's the annoying part but the dipping).
              Teh Jobs - 75- nin (I spend more time at 74 =P ) / 50-pld / 55-thf (currently leveling)/ 48-rdm / 43-war / 43-rng / 35-brd / 37-blm /34-whm / 20-sam / 16-mnk
              Teh crafts 81 Alchemy / 59 Woodcraft / 51 Cooking

Comment

Working...
              X