Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Optical hat query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optical hat query

Please don't dismiss this, I'm as serious as a heart attack on this.

Why is one of the most useful and coveted items in the game--the Optical hat--so incredibly ugly and awkward looking?
    Last edited by BurningPanther; 07-28-2006, 09:16 PM.

Re: Optical hat query

A lot of endgame gear looks incredibly stupid.
    That hat just got replaced with a new condom hat, anyway.

Comment

Optical Hat looks just fiiiine. It gets its model from an unused model.
      Read my blog.
      ffxibrp.livejournal.com
      Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
      Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

I don't believe I'll ever own an optical hat, even if I level a job that "Needs" it. It is just so stupid looking on a non-mage character.

The pain/suffering/LS Drama associated with it doesn't help either.
        Wevrain - Shiva

Comment

I honestly don't mind the way the O-Hat looks. I'm on PC anyway, so I could always swap out the .dat for something else, but I know that some players don't have that option.

The stats of the gear matter a lot more to me than what it looks like, in the end.

Comment

It's a status symbol either way. Ugly gear can still be sexy!

Comment

I have two mods for it, Elvann Male and Tarutaru on FFXIdats.com
              Originally posted by Ellipses
              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
              Originally posted by MCLV
              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
              More Sig:

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the O-hat, if I level level a job that needs one, you'd best believe I'm getting my hands on it. But, the O-hat not only places the wearer in a 24/7 dunce cap, it dosen't seem to fit with any piece of gear related to the sorts that would wear it. The closest it comes to matching with is the Errant set, which already has it's own O-hat resembling head piece. In fact, the only sort of armor it goes with is robe-type, which traditionally goes on mage/support types, where the O-hat's stats certainly don't fit. Most other types of gear have some sort of symmetry to their use, the O-hat is the opposite.

So I ask again: Why is one of the nifitiest items in the game so awkward looking and ill-fitting?

Comment

I guess I am the only one who likes the look of the Optical Hat. I actually think it is one of the best looking things in the game.

Comment

Haha, until this thread, I was sure that nobody liked the look of the hat. Pretty much everyone I play with ingame is of the agreement that it's fugly, yet the ones that actually like it's look are the only ones to come forward in this thread.

To be honest, I'm shocked that no one thought to ask this question at that fan festival S-E had in California some months back.

Comment

Working...
                    X