Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Assaults based on Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assaults based on Luck

Q: Why do some assault have to be based almost entirely on luck rather than skill?

I have formed a small set in which to do assaults with my friends, and we have done four Mamool Ja Training Grounds exercises so far, all of them "Imperial Agent Rescue" in which an agent can be in one of three cells, all must be opened using enemies' special attacks. Of the four times we've done this assault, we have only won once.

The reasons for the losses are simple: the monsters seldomly use the Firespit and Weapon Toss attacks, and when they do, there's a small chance they will actually hit the door instead of the person tanking. And, if one does manage to get a door open, the agent may not even be in the chosen room. The odds of winning are really low. There are quite a few more I could say, but... no time.

I just hope some of this is eventually fixed.
    guh :D

Re: Assaults based on Luck

Actually, this one is very easy, and only depends on the rate at which the mob spams WSes. You can dodge Firespit and the Weapon throwing if you time it right. Or you can stand with your back to the gate, and the gate will seem to still take some damage.

Be like a Paladin.
    Take the hit, shrug it off, and ask if their mom hits any harder.

Comment

Re: Assaults based on Luck

I'll have our paladin give moving away a try next time we do this assault. I still feel that evasion and luck play quite a large role in this instance, though.
      guh :D

Comment

Working...
      X