Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Public Test Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Test Server

Would there be any way to possibly open up Atomos (Official Test Server) to the public. I myself would like to help out find bugs and exploits!

Plus it'd be a break from the normal gameplay. Testing out new features and what not.

Sex is like air, you don't notice till you're not getting enough of it.

Re: Public Test Server

One of the many ideas SE should take from WoW. Giving people a 10-20 day preview on a test server would be awesome.
    Read my blog.
    ffxibrp.livejournal.com
    Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
    Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Originally posted by Legal Fish
      One of the many ideas SE should take from WoW. Giving people a 10-20 day preview on a test server would be awesome.

Let's try to keep WoW out of this please.

Comment

Yeah keep WoW out of any FFXI questions..mostly because FFXI came before WoW anyway..

It would be cool, but then the random jerk/idiot who gets his giggles from hacking FFXI would find ways to mess that up -.-

Comment

Eh, if SE did that then it would just cause problems, seeing things before they come out, and exploiting them, not to mention having to add a LOT to client software to make it work, most likely having to update clients every day... no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
            Eh, if SE did that then it would just cause problems, seeing things before they come out, and exploiting them, not to mention having to add a LOT to client software to make it work, most likely having to update clients every day... no thanks.

No one said everyone was going to do it -.- And it doesn't have to be Atomos they could make 1-2 new test servers to test out stuff thats not conceptual.

Comment

Well, think about it.

SE adds a new NM.

They test it and test it, and finally decide where to place it.

Now instead of a bunch of people looking for it, everyone logs out their main character there.

SE obviously is able to handle testing by themselves, and I see no reason to put players into testing roles.

Comment

It's not like if they make a "PUBLIC" Test Server they'd release stuff like that anyways. I mean it only takes a few days to find a new NM regardless.

A PTS would be fine for testing skills and balancing out mobs. They could do the more fragile testing on Atomos.

Comment

EQ2 has a test server like that as well. It actually works out rather well to clue the Devs in on what works and what doesn't. I think it's a good idea, personally.

Comment

Working...
                  X