Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

New Job Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job Class

I know we have the Puppeteer, Blue Mage, and Corsair and I should be happy with this. But I have been hoping for a while to actually have what I believe is referred to as a ChocoKnight.

Simply put a melee job that can function/fight on chocobo and own/summon it's chocobo. This would tie in nicely with the chococbo's being added soon.
    Perhaps, setting the summoning of the chocobo to 2 hours if it dies in battle or 20 minutes if it dies, and a random variable if it is released so the player can explore an area on foot.

Then simply allowing for actually combat, perhaps with a spear, ranged equipment or sword and shield, while on chocobo.

Of course to offest this, it would entail allowing this job class to actually recieve aggro while on chocobo.

Well that's it.
    75PLD 42RNG 41WAR 41WHM 32THF 49NIN 35SAM 37BLM 20SMN 35DRG
    Rank 7 Windurst

http://www.virtus-asura.com

Re: New Job Class

I think you are asking a lot for a job that can summon a chocobo.....how about blm, and just warp around? I would like to see ranged fighting allowed while on chocobo.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

We really don't need anymore jobs, if anything, we could use a tanking job...

Geomancer seems perfect for that. A Job based on using Stoneskin, Blink, Aquaviel, and Spikes.
      Read my blog.
      ffxibrp.livejournal.com
      Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
      Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

A Job based on using Stoneskin, Blink, Aquaviel, and Spikes.

Err.. redmage?

I think all jobs should be allowed chocoknight status, make it a quested thing with a fully upgraded chocobo. Of course, the Beastmen would need lizards or something to ride themselves. The only bonus would be to movement, but it would be fun and thats the important thing.

As for new jobs, geomancer meh.. give us TIME MAGE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nazlfrag
          As for new jobs, geomancer meh.. give us TIME MAGE!!!
          Time/Space Mage {Yes Please!}

Haste II, Hastega, Hastega II, Stop, Stop II, Bind II, Slow II, Slowga, Slowga II, Meteo... drool
          Wevrain - Shiva

Comment

Personally, if SE released more jobs, I see them being:

Geomancer (Popularity)
            Alchemist (Popularity)
            Psi-Fighter (PM me if you really want to know why)

Comment

my vote is for choco knight, id drop all jobs for it, only problem is partying in areas where chocos arent allowed, like CN or other dungeons

Comment

If you want to summon a chocobo, use your whistle.

Comment

Another popular suggestion, the chocobo knight.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though. I wouldn't expect new jobs being added to the game until a couple expansions down the road.
                  PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                  Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                  WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                  Currently Playing:
                  FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Geomancer would be a tank! Using Earth abilities and the natural Vitality associated would be a nice break from the two tank maximum. I know Geomancers are known for using the elements around them to cast their magic, and that could work here as well, but I think making them a tank would have a nice twist to it. No MP, just abilities that would change properties based on their current position/surroundings.

Comment

Working...
                    X