Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

French Trial in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Trial in Canada?

Greetings SE,

I would like to know if there isn't any direct link to download the 14 days trial of FFXI for French Canadian players.

I am fully bilingual so I don't mind... but my wife doesn't understand a word in English.

When I download the Trial on http://www.ff11europe.com/index-fr.html I get myself on FilePlanet downloading the US version (which is only in English).

Since videogames that are available in French should be sold in Canada (according to laws) I find it kind of weird that we can purchase EU FFXI on the web but can't get to play the Trial with the French edition.

Thank you for answering this as soon as possible.

Re: French Trial in Canada?

This is not a forum SE responds directly to, please read the sticky before posting on the forum.

The Fileplanet trial is the only downloadable PC trial that exists, to my knowledge. It could eventually be extended to other regions, but that is unknown at this time. Its actually a better question to put directly to SE through PlayOnline or to File Planet.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 11-27-2008, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      This is not a forum SE responds directly to, please read the sticky before posting on the forum.

The Fileplanet trial is the only downloadable PC trial that exists, to my knowledge. It could eventually be extended to other regions, but that is unknown at this time. Its actually a better quvz1ion to put directly to SE through PlayOnline or to File Planet.
      This BBQ trying to speak french? D:
      Cleverness - Hades
      75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
      DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

:P

I'm allowed a typo every now and again.

Comment

I'm terribly sorry for mistaking with a "Greetings SE"... I forgot to put "fans" at the end.

For the rest well... thanks for the answers and I'll try and see directly with FilePlanet I guess. :)

Comment

I thought the manuals just had to be in French? Or do you not get many RPGs in Canada? I'm pretty sure they don't translate those to French... That would suck to not have RPGs. :( I live in the US so I'm not sure on these though, tbh. Just a curious mind at work....

Anyway, to answer your question, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no French trial. The French (and German for that matter) version of the game is relatively new. You might have to help her through the trial.

Also, I don't know about other servers, but on Ragnarok I haven't seen a huge French speaking community. Though, auto-translate would work I suppose.
            Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
            Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
            Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
            Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
            Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

*didn't read the op fully, please delete!

Comment

3 of my final fantasy copies all have french manual.

But if i remember correctly, there is another way to remove all english stuff from the english version just like how japanese import version can have english dialogs and such.

You might want to try search that.
                -add later-

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
                  I thought the manuals just had to be in French?
                  This is correct. The OP probably doesn't realize that the PQ language police aren't a real police force.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                    This is correct. The OP probably doesn't realize that the PQ language police aren't a real police force.
                    Also, they don't own the internet. Unless Canada filters the internet (which trust me, you don't want), there is no way to for them to decide everything has to have both English and French for download programs.
                    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

How is that Possible?

Comment

Originally posted by SolarGirl View Post
                        How is that Possible?
                        How is what possible? Or are you just posting to raise your post count or out of boredom?
                        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
                          Also, they don't own the internet. Unless Canada filters the internet (which trust me, you don't want), there is no way to for them to decide everything has to have both English and French for download programs.
                          For games sold here, even MMORPG, they have to be in french.

It's a law.

A game cannot be sold in Quebec if it does not have a french or bilingual version to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Elmont View Post
                            For games sold here, even MMORPG, they have to be in french.

It's a law.

A game cannot be sold in Quebec if it does not have a french or bilingual version to offer.
                            That stupid law probably doesn't cover FFXI. It went into affect in 2007, FFXI was released in 2003 in NA.

Quebec: More Video Games in French! - Davis LLP

I hope Quebec and it's people gets what's coming to them and more content creators simply stop selling in Quebec.
                            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I believe new versions of the game sold in Quebec has to be bilingual, even though the game was released in 2003.

That said, I know it might not be easy for you guys to understand but it is important in its own way. The law protects the french culture and language that is slowly fading away here...

Video games in english aren't the only reason why the french language is disappearing here, but it's a way for our politicians to get their conscience at ease.

But everyone has the choice to buy the game in english, and that's the choice I make, since I'm very fluent in both language and I have no interest of losing any part of the original work of the developpers by buying the game in its french version.

It sure does in translated movies!

Comment

Working...
                              X