Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Why does SE "update" the registration Servers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does SE "update" the registration Servers..

Why does SE "Update" the registration servers every couple months when the system worked just fine before they started messing with it?

Every friggin time they start screwing around with the registration servers, the next month both mine and my mother's account are suspended for non payment dispite the fact that the card did NOT decline the payment. My Card company doesn't even show an attempt by SE to collect or so much as prod the card to check it's vailidcy.

Further, WHEN will SE stop screwing up the stupid servers and ticking people off. They're great at ticking people off but suck at providing proper services.

GBHK accounts can be reactivated without any issue BUT OBHK accounts get denyed every time. I want to know why and when SE is going to own up to their own responibilities to it's customers instead of feeding us BS "You have to call your credit card company. We don't decline cards. the card declined the charges."

The Credit Card company CANNOT decline the charge when SE can't even bother to send the charge THROUGH.

Re: Why does SE "update" the registration Servers..

Because SE sucks. Wait till you get the double charge a couple times, that is really awesome, (my credit card company seems to like the idea since they get to collect a surcharge from SE.). SE and Monthly Payment are not good bedfellows.

sig courtesy tgm
    retired -08

Comment

Their updating their records, purging all teh players that have deleted or tehy have banned etc.

Comment

Servers, especially online ones, need updating from time to time. 'Tis a fact of life.

As for advice on what you can actually do, maybe wait a day or two. If S-E hasn't even tried charging for your accounts by then, then there is an issue. Believe you me, S-E wants your money as badly as you want to give it to them. :P

As for the issue of double-billing, that happens from time to time. I've had it happen to me last month. Congratulations, you just got billed for two months! Odds are, you're not going to get billed again until, say, after the two months are over.
        Last edited by Yellow Mage; 09-02-2008, 02:06 PM.
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

This always happens to me even when there is more than enough money in my account. I get my playonline account closed and have to reactivate it then I cant pay the fee because my card is shown as invalid. So then I have to edit my details and add the exact same card that was there before, Then it works.

You'd think for such a money grabbing company they'd at least do a good job of mugging you.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Originally posted by Satori View Post
            I get my playonline account closed and have to reactivate it then I cant pay the fee because my card is shown as invalid. So then I have to edit my details and add the exact same card that was there before, Then it works.
            Actually, now that you mentioned it, before he started the game, my brother (fear all you Carbunclites, for he has recently arrived, and is a total PITA -.-; ) actually had the same exact issue, which was remedied as per how you stated above.
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

Oftentimes, it's not the card, but the address that has the issue. ie: if I don't list my apt # on the first address line my card won't work with some online services etc.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                Because SE sucks. Wait till you get the double charge a couple times, that is really awesome, (my credit card company seems to like the idea since they get to collect a surcharge from SE.). SE and Monthly Payment are not good bedfellows.
                Oh been there done that.. That USED to the the only issue.. Double dipping one account one month then double dipping the other account the following month.. oh and when you collar SE on it by faxing them all the monthly statements you have to PROVE that for the last 6 months they've received the payments then SE replies "Oh well this charge is from a payment that didn't go through last YEAR and it's just "caught up" to your billing". WTF!?

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                  Actually, now that you mentioned it, before he started the game, my brother (fear all you Carbunclites, for he has recently arrived, and is a total PITA -.-; ) actually had the same exact issue, which was remedied as per how you stated above.
                  It is a total pain in the ass. And POL is just so ... annoying. I have to verify everything 600 zillion times before I execute. They're like, "Are you sure?" "Really?" "Close this window?" "You sure?"

Every time I have to reactivate POL I have to go through this bullshit, and for some reason they seem to love charging me for two months on the months when I'm particularly broke and can only afford the one. ><
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Re: Why does SE &quot;update&quot; the registration Servers..

Obligatory "SE, sell time cards!" comment here.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                      It is a total pain in the ass.
                      Actually, I was referring to my brother. =/
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

LOL.

Well yeah, siblings fall into that category as well.
                        sigpic
                        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

God all of this sounds terrible! I've personally never had a problem with it.

They have to do this because they have to take care of the database most likely and do work on it. Otherwise you have a slow POS DB and everything lags and you complain even more.

Comment

Be glad, they are not funcom, "you can't cancel your account, we are holding it forever and your card will be charge every month"
                            -add later-

Comment

Working...
                            X