X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Skill Limitations

Craft Skill Limitations

Hello!

In an effort to enhance future development, we would like to gather some feedback from all of the crafters in Vana’diel in regards to the below. We encourage you to discuss this with your fellow players and provide feedback on the direction we’re contemplating.

As you are aware, there is a limit for craft skills where once you reach skill level 60, you are limited to 40 more levels to distribute amongst the other eight crafts (excluding fishing). As such, the system only allows you to be able to reach 100 if you gain all 40 skill levels in one craft, or you can raise two crafts to 80 if you gain 20 levels in two different crafts.

For the future expansion of synthesis and synergy, we’re looking into raising the skill level limitation from 40 to 80 during the next version update. Once this change takes place, you will then be able to have two crafts leveled to 100.

Since this change would alter the core of the crafting system, before serious development discussions begin we would like to hear feedback from all of our hardcore crafters.

The main points of adjustments beginning from the next version update and on are listed below:
    • Raise the 40 skills levels that can be distributed when a skill reaches 60 to 80. (Makes possible the ability to level two skills to 100)
    • For the next version update “Revoking Craftsmanship Status” will remain the same as original (Bringing your skill down to 60). For future version updates we plan on making adjustments so that the system allows you to decide which craft skill you would like craftsmanship revoked.
    • Additionally for future adjustments we are thinking about increasing the levels further beyond 80.

This will be extremely advantageous for synergy, however, due to the fact that these changes would likely cause the number of players with skills at level 100 to increase significantly, there might be some concerns in regards to how the balance of supply and demand are affected.

After collecting your feedback for about a week, we’ll examine it closely with the development and operations teams after which we plan on working on this after the next version update. In order for us to improve the synthesis and synergy systems of FFXI please leave as much feedback as possible!
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Craft Skill Limitations

I posted my thoughts, I like some of their ideas but not all of them.

"Pleas do not go to fast in your implementation of this.

Raising the cap from 60 to 80? not needed
    Allowing two crafts to 100, yes this would be nice
    Allowing more then two or all crafts to 100? no this is to much and should not be done.
    The main thing though, something you do not have listed, is to make craft just alittle easier, the fail rate and/or skill gain rate is still bad."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I thought crafting was dead on all but consumables

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru View Post
        I thought crafting was dead on all but consumables
        Pretty much, the majority of gear being sold < 75 was stuff that was made a while ago and not much 75+ is crafted. I think you'd have to be crazy to make anything that's not consumable.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Maybe if they'd tweak HQ rates so that the tiers are every 10 skill levels or something I'd be happy. It always did bother the hell out of me that as a 69 alchemist, I could not reliably HQ beeswax or even Tsurara ...

They still need to refine the craft system itself, never mind raising the caps just yet (though I'm glad they are, go go 100 BSM & Cloth)
          sigpic

Comment

I don't think this is going to suddenly make crafting relevant again, unfortunately. Another one of those things that's kind of long overdue. Good changes for people who enjoy crafting, but kind of late.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I find it utterly discouraging that their perpetual approach to fixing crafting is just "add more stuff to synergy". That's not helping the situation guys, god...
              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
              Name: Drjones
              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Doesn't matter, no one is doing synergy either.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yeah, but it seems like they've just given up on making relevant synths for crafting. If it's going to be relevant to the post 75 game, it's gonna be coming from synergy. Or at least that's the impression they keep giving me.

Comment

well crafting would need to go past 100 then, or have it...

crafting 1-100 supports lv1-75
                    synergy 1-100 supports lv76-99
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I just don't see why we can't have it thus:
                      crafting 1-100 supports lvl 1-99
                      synergy 1-100 supports lvl 1-99

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                        Doesn't matter, no one is doing synergy either.
                        Dunno what game you're playing but it's not the same I am. Synergy is pretty awesome and I'm glad SE is expanding on it as well because it's a hell of lot easier to HQ items with it over regular synthesis.
                        sigpic

Comment

A handful of people doing Synergy isn't worth focusing on the system. It still doesn't solve the issue of empty auction houses and people unwilling or able to craft non-consumables.

Comment

I think a second craft to 100 is a great idea. I've been lame expanding my crafting past 60. I do have a cooking mule, which I wouldn't know what other craft to take to 100 with, but having the option is nice. I also have a woodworking mule I am thinking might benefit from a smithing at 100. Though I will admit even crafting lately for me has taken a side role. regardless, a second option would be nice.
                            Shiva Server
                            Crafting 60 all (Gold 55, Alchemy 90)
                            Sandy Rank 10. Basty Rank 10. COP
                            99<BLU><BLM><THF><WAR><NIN><WHM><DRK><RNG>
                            95<SAM>><PLD>97
                            75-90<MNK><CO905><DRG75><PUP77><BST76><BRD91><SCH85><RDM84><DNC75>
                            <SMN80>

sigpic

Comment

I always kicked myself for taking alchemy to 100 over something like clothcraft but ironically it seems alchemy is one of the few worthwhile crafts left in the game. Sadly, it's a struggle to make decent money from it when you factor in the insane amount of micro-managing of ingredients you need to do coupled with gouging from RMT bots and jaded veterans who can both afford to drive upcoming crafters out the market.

And yeah, it's a shame they only focus on synergy now but I suppose slowly increasing the cap on a brand new craft has a greater chance of retaining subscriptions over adding new and interesting recipes to crafts people already have levelled.

Comment

Working...
                              X