Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crafting D.O.A for Gil

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
    Take ground-level view of what's happening in FF11 will do you much more good than keep coming up with more headache-inducing and complicated excuses on why your idea of FF11's currently economic state didn't match reality. Or worse, trying to bend reality to fit your idea that FF11's economy is broken.
    You conveniently forget that this was never the case until very recently. From a few years back up until a few months ago the economy was against new players and most players did stagnate. They had to farm and/or struggle with the crafting system in order to continue to progress. Requring multiple gear sets to use with macros in order to boost performance and be at your best so you could get reinvited to a party the next time around ... that was the name of the game.

Maybe you can try it for yourself and create a brand new account on another server to experience it for yourself.

@ Clever Ninja

I did think that was the case especially since there aren't really any significant "new" accounts being created (outside of those by RMT or very bored players multiboxing) I'm sure it was more efficient to farm elementals than to start up as a lowbie job and muck around in lowbie areas for crystals. Did that change?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
      You conveniently forget that this was never the case until very recently.
      Actually,
      Originally posted by Aeni View Post
      In the current state of FFXI
      You are the one who forgot the discussion is about FFXI's present situation--and you were the one who put the discussion there.

You're right that it's easier for the vets to have all the gears and to build up all the specialized macro sets. But, in which MMORPG is that not true for long-time players to have advantage over new players?

In any case, my LS had new players join in at various points in the past, and they didn't have extraordinary difficulties gearing as you made it out to be--quite a few of them took advantage of the Moat Carp markets back then, by the way, something which caps at 11 Fishing skill. (Takes what? A week to get to 11 Fishing skill at most? And you can pretty much fish up Moat Carp at 6+ skill, IIRC.) Add to that in the present state, it would be even cheaper for mid level players to gear, equipment cost simply isn't the main issue now.

There are problems with FFXI for sure, but your darts are just way off the mark.

I'm not kidding about crystals being a good deal gil wise--if you look at my FFXIAH history, you'll find Itazura selling Wind Crystals recently instead of just toss them to NPC vendors.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Back to non-newbie gil woes...

Fyi... you can buy Perle, Teal, and Aurore gear and either sell it on AH ... or what I did last night... NPC that sh!t for 6-7k per piece. I've been hitting Abyssea rather hard lately and had about 575k cruor so I made two runs and for buying roughly 45-50k cruor gear, I NPC'd that for about 60k.
        FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
        FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
        aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Working...
        X