how accurate is the benchmark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how accurate is the benchmark?

Im on a laptop, its got 2gigs of ram, an AMD Athlon II Dual core 2ghz processor and an ATI Radeon HD 4200 for a video card. When I ran the benchmark it didnt seem to score so well. I use to play the game on my old desktop and it had less powerful specs than this laptop. I was thinking of rebuying the game, all I ever had was a 60somthing SAM, I dont think id mind playing all over again. So how accurate is the benchmark? can anyone tell me if they think ill be able to run it?
    I scored a 4976 on low
    Last edited by j00manji; 06-05-2010, 02:38 PM.

Re: how accurate is the benchmark?

Radeon HD 4200 in a laptop = integrated GPU.

If you're not aware, integrated GPU means you don't have an actual graphics card, just a chip on the motherboard that borrows some of your system memory to (poorly) render graphics. It doesn't matter what game you're playing, with an integrated GPU you aren't going to be running anything but really old or non-graphic intensive games.

All that said, you scored nearly 5000 on the benchmark, which is the second highest rank on the benchmark scores "tier list". The actual game has a lot of graphical tweaks you can make to improve performance, and the benchmark is basically just a huge stress test. The game only displays that much stuff on the screen in crowded areas like the main auction houses, so for the most part the game will probably run decently well on your laptop. FFXI is mostly dependent on CPU power, so the integrated GPU isn't going to kill your performance too badly.

If you're really worried, just sign up for the free trial and dick around with it for a while and see how the game runs in various places that aren't crowded with a thousand Tarutaru beastmasters.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Re: how accurate is the benchmark?

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
      If you're really worried, just sign up for the free trial and dick around with it for a while and see how the game runs in various places that aren't crowded with a thousand Tarutaru beastmasters.
      Unfortunately there is no free trial anymore. There used to be buddy passes in with the collection version of the game but I don't know if there were any in the Ultimate Collection that was released recently.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
      X