Vollbow Region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vollbow Region

I have a quick question on how to access the Vollbow region to do the op warp supply quest. I don't think I have ever been there, so I am wondering how to get there to drop off the supplies. I think I have most of the outposts from around there, which is my best bet? Do I warp to an op near there and chocobo? I asked my linkshell, they have told me Kuftal tunnel, is that accessed through bastok?
    Shiva Server
    Crafting 60 all (Gold 55, Alchemy 90)
    Sandy Rank 10. Basty Rank 10. COP
    99<BLU><BLM><THF><WAR><NIN><WHM><DRK><RNG>
    95<SAM>><PLD>97
    75-90<MNK><CO905><DRG75><PUP77><BST76><BRD91><SCH85><RDM84><DNC75>
    <SMN80>

sigpic

Re: Vollbow Region

FFXI Atlas is your friend.

You can go through Kuftal Tunnel from West Altepa, or you can go through Gustav Tunnel in Valkurm. You can get through Kuftal with Sneak alone, but you'll want Invis in Gustav too, since there's Goblins.

Comment

indeed, ffxi atlas, and ffxi wiki are great friends. Websense doesn't like them though.
      Thank you for the info!
      Shiva Server
      95<SAM>><PLD>97
      <SMN80>

sigpic

Comment

I thought FFXI Atlas is a regular malware conduit now? The last update was in March, 2009 anyway.

This is a bit clumsy, but much safer. (Probably.) Areas - FFXIclopedia
        Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 01-13-2010, 04:39 AM.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
          I thought FFXI Atlas is a regular malware conduit now?]
          Two incidents (three?) hardly count as regular, and Firefox with noscript and adblock deal with the issue. I haven't heard anything detailing anything bad coming out of them recently.

It does seem dead though. To bad too, I could have used the Bestiary search would be really handy for me now.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yeah that's my main concern, afaik it isn't being regularly maintained. As far as getting to Cape Terrigan, Kuftal is located along the north wall of Western Altepa Desert(Korraloka Tunnel is the one near Bastok). You are more or less just continuing to head as straight north as the map will let you when inside the tunnel. You will go down a slope, pass crabs/ghosts, down another slope past worms/crabs/lizards, keep going, pass some worms/crabs/scorpions, up a slope, more crabs, the wall curves around left a bit, keep going north up another slope with some crabs, exit.

When in cape Terrigan just put up Sneak/Invis and stick to the left wall, you'll see the Outpost, just be wary of surrounding Goblins when you go to drop Invisible to talk to the guard there, sometimes they wander pretty close to the OP.
            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by yavimaya View Post
              Websense doesn't like them though
              F'n Websense... it's the devil I tell you.
              FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
              FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
              aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

or you can go through Gustav Tunnel in Valkurm.
                Maybe it's been a while but...doesnt this just lead you to a closed off area with Manticores? I dont remember there being an NPC for supplies there.
                99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

think everything went ok, travleled through the tunnel, found a treasure chest that I lock-picked, went to the outpost dropped off the supplies and logged off. When i logged back on, i thought i would go see if I could pick another chest and it was in the exact same spot, right near the entrance to cape terrigan! didn't see no manticores, but was surprised to see that robber crabs will aggro my 69THF when i dropped inv to use theif's tools. with shadows and flee, as well as the fact the zone was right there I was able to ditch the tunnel without being hit, but still surprising nevertheless. Easy 22K gil just for deliverying the op goods!
                  Shiva Server
                  95<SAM>><PLD>97
                  <SMN80>

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X