FFXI hackings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI hackings...

Anyone else notice the sudden rise in hackings in FFXI and the bots that pretent to be GMs?

The bots usually say "Sir/Maddam, your account has been reported as stolen. Please log onto blahblahblah.com or serious actions will be taken against your account." My friends who have gotten this message are on their lvl 75 character, or close to it.

Do NOT go to the websites they tell you to go to, you WILL get hacked!

There has been many more hacking popping up lately as well since the security token has been introduced. Theres a few people here on this forum that got hacked as well. I have a few friends that have been attempted as being hacked.

Hackers are placing characters in Western Altepa desert deleveld to 74 or 73 as well. Some are just having their subs being changed, or trying to be moved to a new server.

There is starting to be something serious about these hackings. As I said before, since the security token has come out, there have been morehackings. Just as well since the RMT has been banned as well. Something should be done about this.

Please do not go to any websites that is sent to you in a /tell or a message from characters you do not know from in game.

Re: FFXI hackings...

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
    does nobody read snopes.

Comment

Something should be done about this.
      It's been said before but you can't do anything about stupid people. This sort of hacking will always be around until most people get some common sense, which won't happen.

Comment

i got hack without even going to those link.
        I don't even know how i got hack, i have malwarebytes scan every day and norton AV+ firewall.

I never type in my pol passsword (so no key logging)
        and yet they hacked me and changed my pol password.
        -add later-

Comment

Anyone else notice the sudden rise in hackings in FFXI and the bots that pretent to be GMs?

The bots usually say "Sir/Maddam, your account has been reported as stolen. Please log onto blahblahblah.com or serious actions will be taken against your account." My friends who have gotten this message are on their lvl 75 character, or close to it.

There has been many more hacking popping up lately as well since the security token has been introduced. Theres a few people here on this forum that got hacked as well. I have a few friends that have been attempted as being hacked.

Hackers are placing characters in Western Altepa desert deleveld to 74 or 73 as well. Some are just having their subs being changed, or trying to be moved to a new server.

There is starting to be something serious about these hackings. As I said before, since the security token has come out, there have been morehackings. Just as well since the RMT has been banned as well. Something should be done about this.

Please do not go to any websites that is sent to you in a /tell or a message from characters you do not know from in game.
          It all comes down to common sense, sadly enough. No company will ever ask you for your info just out of the blue. As long as you're smart about surfing the internet (ie use firefox and its great addons) and ignore stupid tells, you're fine.
          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Its kinda like when you go to a website and you see one of those "YOU HAVE A VIRUS!!! CLICK HERE TO REMOVE IT!" banners, and then you get a rootkit antivirus program that claims to remove spyware but adds it lol.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
            Originally posted by Solymir
            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
              Its kinda like when you go to a website and you see one of those "YOU HAVE A VIRUS!!! CLICK HERE TO REMOVE IT!" banners, and then you ignore it.
              stop using second person forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                stop using second person forever.
                Its a good thing you have Phoebe as your avatar Feba, otherwise I'd be sad right now.
                {New Sig in the works}
                -----------------------
                "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

[quote=wrongfeifong;855530]i got hack without even going to those link.
                  I don't even know how i got hack, i have malwarebytes scan every day and norton AV+ firewall.[/quote

Some Spyware can be hidden, or it got in while it was down when you where doing something?

It could have been just a random hacking. They type in a random User ID, and a random Password and you get hacked.

Thats how my bro hacked my Gaia account ><

Comment

Thats how my bro hacked my Gaia account ><
                    ....................................... WTF? Are you sure he didn't just put some kind of keylogger on the computer? On second thought, family members may or may not count. If your password was that easy to guess, it was probably something simple he knew about you.

It could have been just a random hacking. They type in a random User ID, and a random Password and you get hacked.
                    IIRC If you enter the 2nd level password incorrectly a certain amount of times, you won't be able to login. When I had my account stolen, and I entered the password wrong a few times, it blocked me and said something like "Your password has been entered incorrectly X number of times, and the account is now locked."
                    Last edited by Durahansolo; 09-06-2009, 07:40 AM.
                    {New Sig in the works}
                    -----------------------

Comment

IIRC If you enter the 2nd level password incorrectly a certain amount of times, you won't be able to login. When I had my account stolen, and I entered the password wrong a few times, it blocked me and said something like "Your password has been entered incorrectly X number of times, and the account is now locked."
                      Yea. They could have gotten lucky and got it right on the first try. All that the user ID is, is just 4 numbers and letters. So thats not really that hard to figure out.

....................................... WTF? Are you sure he didn't just put some kind of keylogger on the computer? On second thought, family members may or may not count. If your password was that easy to guess, it was probably something simple he knew about you.
                      It wasnt that easy to guess. It was a random password. No pattern to it or anything. If you know the user name you can eventually hack into something, it can take some time though.

Comment

If you know the user name you can eventually hack into something, it can take some time though.
                        Yeah that's true, but it makes me wonder how long it took the RMT to hack those accounts that were supposedly brute hacked. There were quite a few hackings going on awhile back, and I'm pretty sure I remember hearing of some Xbox and PS2 systems being hacked as well.
                        Last edited by Durahansolo; 09-06-2009, 05:38 PM.
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------

Comment

They could have gotten lucky and got it right on the first try
                          The chances of that are pretty much 0.

Comment

Working...
                          X