Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite update? Personally game changing update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite update? Personally game changing update?

Food overhaul? Like switching from cheese to tofu and stuff? <_<

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
    ^Babelfish hard at work
    It sounds like that game had a veeeeery interesting plot.

Hai.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Food overhaul?
      The update that introduced caps on the stats you can gain from food, and rebalanced all the foods so low level foods have higher % boosts but cap lower.

In the old days Meat Miths were a flat uncapped +25% attack and you'd eat it 1-75.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
        In the old days Meat Miths were a flat uncapped +25% attack and you'd eat it 1-75.
        I miss that too . _ .

I thought they were just solid +ATK though and not % boosts back then?
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Hard call for me...

Sleepga 1/2 added: Happened the day of NA PC launch, so people didn't notice. But I used those spells nearly every day.

Multi-hit WS TP Nerf: Prior to that, 60+ BLM was seen as a shitty WHM that could MB a bit better. Between then and ToAU leveling BLM wasn't a pain, heh. I had just started leveling a melee job since my BLM hit a wall at 60. Scratched out that idea pretty quick.

Food update: Cookies overhauled, sushi suddenly existed, couldn't care less about the rest.

Mob despawning: AKA, the Leave nerf. Beastmasters cried rivers, I had started leveling it and decided not to bother.

And then the dozens of huge updates that happened before NA release.

My favorite was the SCH update though. It made a fun job that much more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinspinner View Post
            Mob despawning: AKA, the Leave nerf. Beastmasters cried rivers, I had started leveling it and decided not to bother.
            Also also known as the end of training all of Crawlers' Nest to the entrance. It was funny the first time, but after that, a pain in the ass. Beastmasters seem to have adapted to the fix just fine. I know several who have leveled it entirely after the anti-train update.

I think the most game changing was probably the introduction of Flash and Stun. I can't imagine where PLDs would be now without Flash, and so many endgame tactics revolve around Stun. (Although if you're less endgame-focused, level sync might be even bigger.)

Although it happened before I leveled COR, my COR gameplay would certainly be different without the changes to Light and Dark Shots, or the reduction in Quick Draw recast time from 3 minutes (!) to 1 minute, or the addition of QD charges.

Going back through the update history, it looks like NIN and BLU are the only expansion jobs that *weren't* badly underpowered at release. SAM before Hasso/Seigan/Zanshin and the 2h update, SMN before the BP split, SCH before sublimation, and I'm sure we all remember lolDRG and lolPUP. Heck, SCH and DNC are *still* screwed by inability to wear endgame gear and lack of an endgame role, respectively. (They're both excellent subjobs, but their desirability as main jobs declines at high levels - the old THF problem.)
            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
              Beastmasters seem to have adapted to the fix just fine.
              We did, but it still made BST a lot more dangerous to solo on. It was wonderful being able to create your own little Zoo of pets to throw @ mobs. Back then you effectively didn't need to engage the mob yourself so long as you had enough non-aggressive pets in your Zoo to swap between.

The fixes to BST have helped tremendously, but I do still miss being able to do this.

And the most game changing update ever? That's easy;

The introduction of NIN and Utsusemi.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't care what anyone says, I still miss 1:1 STR & DEX conversions
                I miss [Lv.1-75 Mithkabobs] too . _ .
                See Mal this is why I never give any weight to your opinions.

Comment

lol I said I miss it, never said it wasn't OP.

I also miss inflation, that doesn't mean I think it was a good thing, just wish I'd saved more gil from that period ><
                  sigpic

Comment

I can understand if others didn't like it, but I loved those CN and Qufim trains. And the double Smithy trains from both jungles at once.

Comment

Working...
                    X