If You Were an NM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Were an NM...

This conversation (edited) made me think... If you were an NM, what would you be? Job, abilities, drops, special circumstances, etc...

When would you spawn, under what circumstances, placeholder or regular spawn? How easy (or difficult) would you be to kill? Some would undoubtedly be an HNM-class moogle that requires a full alliance, but doesn't hit very hard, while others would be an innocent little mandragora that calls all sorts of wyverns and dragons to do their bidding and could consequently KILL an alliance easily.

So... what would you be?
    Kindadarii (Bahamut)
    90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
    70.3 + 2 Woodworking
    52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Re: If You Were an NM...

I would be a lot like Stubborn Dredvodd. I only spawn randomly and stay on a hour or a few minutes. Plus my gear is crappy so I wouldn't drop shit. I would be the NM the people who don't have anything else to do would camp. I would be the kind of NM I would camp lol.
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

I'd be a level 1, 15 minute spawn NM dropping a staff that rivals the HQ Elemental Staves.. but the drop rate is only 0.5% on Watersday, 0% on all other days.

Oh, I'd spawn right in the middle of East Ronfaure aswell, same position every time.

Just so you die a little inside everytime you see "You obtained a fire crystal."
      Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
      Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

I'd be an awesome new NM. DOOMKITTEH shall be my name annnd i will drop kitty litter.
        Maybe i will be in the new update ^^

Comment

Two words I am pretty sure are sufficient to explain the general concept while striking fear into the hearts of all those present:

Mini-Febas.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            Mini-Febas.

The horror.

Comment

Oh oh, I got another one.

"SE Customer Service" I never spawn, ever.
              Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
              Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy View Post
                "SE Customer Service" I never spawn, ever.
                Sheer genius.
                Love you rothy, you retard.

Comment

I would be one of the UFO mobs that doesn't aggro alliances for the fun of it. The only way to claim would be being a single person (Read: Anyone not in a party)and I would aggro completely at random and I would de-aggro and attack someone else as soon as that guy joins a party/alliance just to screw with the minds of those HNM elitists.
                  Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon, because I never stay put while fighting something, much less stay in range long enough to get hit by TP moves.

Comment

I would be a level 21 force pop in Qufim. I would be popped by any R/Ex gear. I would have 100% drop rate of the last piece of R/Ex gear I was traded. My ??? respawn timer would be 5 minutes.
                      Current Server: Asura
                      Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                      Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                      Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                      Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                      Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

I'd be a NM named "Taru Devourer"

My Job would be Dark Knight and I would spawn only on a full moon on darksday

My main job ability would be devour tarutaru which would one shot any tarutaru in range and would leave them unable to be raised.

Consquently, I'd drop some really awesome tarutaru only item.

Comment

I'd be ix'drg because well, I'd like to never pop for adventurers and make them waste time camping me. :D
                          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I'd be Queen Aksannyi.

I would spawn in a new zone connected to Al'Taieu that's called Ama'thora.

Spawn time: 24-48 hours, with random intervals. (Might be 15 minutes, might be 45, might be 30!)

Element: Lightning, Darkness.
                            Weakness: Light.
                            Immunities: Sleep, Stun, Paralyze.
                            Resistances: Slow, Elegy.

TP moves:
                            • Villainous Aura: Instant. Terrorizes everyone in a 25' radius for 5 seconds.
                            • Inadequacy Strip: Instant. Removes all armor that is not Rare/Ex and not HQ. Equipment can not be re- equipped for another 30 seconds. Certain rare items that do not have an HQ are exempt.
                            • Terrifying Stare: Instant. Pummels a player, leaving them with 1 HP. Cannot be absorbed by shadows or Stoneskin. Phalanx does not reduce the damage. Used instantly after draw-in.*
                            • Queen's Curse: Instant. Reduces Store TP by 10 for everyone in a 20' radius. Duration: 1 minute.
                            • Pathetic Flail: Instant. Causes heavy spike flail damage to alliance members in a 35' radius when a DD in the main alliance (including BLMs) is performing lower than 5% on parse after 30 minutes of being engaged.**
                            • Patience Lost: Instant. Can only be used when raged. AoE damage that inflicts Bio III, Poison II, Plague, Curse, and Doom. That's right, DOOM. Don't piss me off, I will kill you. Once I rage, that's it, you're done. NEXT!!!!

Two hours used: Chainspell, Hundred Fists, Soul Voice. (I had to put one weaksauce 2hr)

Rage timer: Directly proportional to the damage over time. The longer you take to do 10% damage, the faster the rage is. For example:

10 minutes to 90% = 105 minute rage timer.
                            15 minutes to 90% = 90 minute rage timer.
                            20 minutes to 90% = 75 minute rage timer.
                            25 minutes to 90% = 60 minute rage timer.
                            30 minutes to 90% = 45 minute rage timer.
                            35 minutes to 90% = 30 minute rage timer.
                            40 minutes to 90% = 15 minute rage timer.
                            45 minutes to 90% = Instant rage upon reaching 90%, kill yourselves for being so horribly bad at damaging HNMs and don't try again.

The stronger you are, the longer you have. Don't be bringing that weak shit on me, I don't have all fucking day to kill you.

Drops: Queen's Strap. Rare/Ex "Enhances Elemental Staves" Hidden Effect: When equipped with an NQ Elemental Staff, increases the attributes of that staff to be equal to the HQ. When equipped with an HQ Elemental Staff, increases all Stat attributes (ex. STR) by 1, Avatar perpetuation attributes by 1, and Accuracy attributes by 5. Drop Rate: 0.1%

Queen's Grip. Rare/Ex "Enhances Relic Weapons" Hidden Effect: When equipped with a two-handed relic weapon, increases STR by 10, and increases other damage modifiers attributed with the Relic Weapon's weapon skill by 5. Enhances aftermath effect. Can be equipped with knuckles, unlike other grips. Drop Rate: 0.1%

Queen's Aura. Rare/Ex. Must be traded to Meret in Tavnazian Safehold along with a one-handed relic weapon to create "Queen's _______" (Dagger, sword, axe, etc.) The Queen's weapon will have slightly lower damage and slightly higher delay than its relic counterpart. Queen's "Weapon" Rare/Ex "Enhances Relic Weapons" Hidden Effect: When equipped (off-hand) with a one-handed relic weapon, increases STR by 10, and increases other damage modifiers attributed with the Relic Weapon's weapon skill by 5. Enhances aftermath effect. Drop Rate: 0.1%

Queen's Eye. Rare/Ex. Must be traded to Meret in Tavnazian Safehold with any crafted NQ item and 100,000 gil. When traded to Meret, she will produce an HQ version of the NQ object traded to her. This HQ instantly becomes Ex. Drop Rate: 1%

Queen's Ring. Materials. Used in desynthesis to produce materials for the "Queen's" line of Mog House furnishings. Drop Rate: 25%

Queen's Bracelet. Materials. Used in desynthesis to produce materials for the "Queen's" line of Mog House furnishings. Drop Rate: 25%

Queen's Tiara. Materials. Used in desynthesis to produce materials for the "Queen's" line of Mog House furnishings. Drop Rate: 20%

Queen's Cloak. Materials. Used in desynthesis to produce materials for the "Queen's" line of Mog House furnishings. Drop Rate: 5%

*MANAGE YOUR HATE PEOPLE.
                            **That's right, don't bring your gimp shit up in here.

Okay I spent way longer on this than I should have, but oh Lordy was it fun. An HNM with a challenge, that rewards people who can manage hate and do consistent damage over time, and absolutely rocks people who can't. Something that Tiamat and Khimmy should be able to do, but SE made it possible to be absolutely horrible at playing this game and yet still beat these NMs. NOT IN MY HOUSE.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

I should add that I'd be really annoying sometimes but I'd be easily beaten by a group that isn't retarded. I take skill! Not luck, like some linkshells that get Nidhoggs that never wing once.
                            sigpic
                            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Terrifying Stare: Instant. Pummels a player, leaving them with 1 HP. Cannot be absorbed by shadows or Stoneskin. Phalanx does not reduce the damage. Used instantly after draw-in.*
                              You pummel with your stare?

Also, no hate reset? Cruel.

Comment

Working...
                              X